Under 21's line up for the first match of the season today - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Under 21's line up for the first match of the season today

Wanted to get across to watch this,  few there I’m really interested in seeing how they get on 

Agbontohoma because I expect he may close to the first team for cover at centre half, certainly expect to see him play in the pizza cup 

Al Jahadmy I’ve heard a lot about and he’s in the starting 11, Cook and Adetoro are new lads and obviously Cadamarteri who everyone’s demanding gets thrown into first team I’d like to actually see if he’s anywhere near ready 

21 minutes ago, Jim said:

Interesting first line-up of the season. Looks like a fair few second year scholars are going to get a push at under-21 level which you would expect in all fairness.

Not a fan of picking line up based on seniority at youth level. Most talented players should get all the playing time they need providing that they are ready enough to play against bit older boys. 

• Like 1

Dom's providing updates on here ...

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-under21s-swansea-live-24697019

... only trouble is,  i read them and the voice in my head is Frank Spencer   :mellow:

11 - GOAL

Against the run of play, Wednesday take the lead.

Al Jahadhmy nipped in behind the defence and squared across to Cook. He shrugged off his marker and drilled a shot past Mitchell.

One chance, one goal.

8 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Dom's providing updates on here ...

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-under21s-swansea-live-24697019

... only trouble is,  i read them and the voice in my head is Frank Spencer   :mellow:

11 - GOAL

Against the run of play, Wednesday take the lead.

Al Jahadhmy nipped in behind the defence and squared across to Cook. He shrugged off his marker and drilled a shot past Mitchell.

One chance, one goal.

Not like Dom to praise Wednesday 🤣🤣🤣

Isn’t Luke Cook the lad who Brentford was looking at ?     Sounds like a very well taken goal, and on his debut , can only do him the world of good that 

82 - Backs to the wall

This would be an excellent point for the Owls. Swansea have put them under the cosh in this half.

86 - GOAL

Wednesday regain the lead.

Glover's cross was headed back into the danger zone by Ashman and the ball dropped invitingly for Adetoro, who rifled a right foot shot into the net.

Brilliant stuff.

... blimey

• Like 2

Full time

What a win for the U21s.

Despite having to play the entire second half with 10 men, the Owls claim maximum points after Agbontohoma's late winner.

A real gutsy effort.

Everyone played their part.

A tremendous way for Neil Thompson's side to kick off the season.

Fantastic result by all accounts - well done to Neil Thompson and the boys

Our first opening game victory at this level since 2018

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Sounds like we have yet another good young keeper on the books in Pierce Charles 

Excited to see how Luke Cook gets on going forward

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Isn’t Luke Cook the lad who Brentford was looking at ?     Sounds like a very well taken goal, and on his debut , can only do him the world of good that 

Yes and just reported in the Star that both he and Alimi-Adetoro signed 2 year contracts with a 1 year option. They must be well regarded by the coaching/ recruitment team.

• Like 2