Line up for this weekend? - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Line up for this weekend?

Thoughts on what the line up will be for this weekend.

Personally don't think it will change too much, other than Smith for Gregory and maybe Vaulks in for Byers to give a bit more cover.

1518382167_ScreenShot2022-08-04at20_37_23.png.37d13527e38d1ed7200accbb8d5053dd.png

Might be nice to shake it up a little though and would be good to see why James has been brought in and maybe Famewo as a natural on the left

1775811715_ScreenShot2022-08-04at20_39_09.png.d03f9447ae0d80723cc40877ac4651d0.png

Edited by Blue_&_white_wizards

Stockdale

Iorfa Heneghan Iheikwe

Vaulks

Hunt Byers Dele-Bashiru Bannan Johnson

Smith

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

5 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Subs;

Dawson

Palmer

James

Vaulks

Adeniran

Bakinson

Paterson

AB9BEF4D-72A2-4A59-8E71-CC52C2798D03.jpeg

Exactly this is what I expect to see. Same as last week with Smith for Gregory. If I were choosing it I’d give Famewo a go on the left of the three but doubt DM will drop Iorfa after one rubbish performance. I’m assuming he’s been decent in training or he wouldn’t have started him. 

I’m really hoping we see some decent use of the 5 subs. Why not swap wingbacks out at half time so no one has to preserve energy and we can have fresh legs for the whole 90? And use the other three depending on injuries/ tactical changes? 
Our strength in depth has to be made to work for us. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Blue_&_white_wizards said:

Thoughts on what the line up will be for this weekend.

Personally don't think it will change too much, other than Smith for Gregory and maybe Vaulks in for Byers to give a bit more cover.

1518382167_ScreenShot2022-08-04at20_37_23.png.37d13527e38d1ed7200accbb8d5053dd.png

Might be nice to shake it up a little though and would be good to see why James has been brought in and maybe Famewo as a natural on the left

1775811715_ScreenShot2022-08-04at20_39_09.png.d03f9447ae0d80723cc40877ac4651d0.png

No iorfa ffs..

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Stockdale

Iorfa Heneghan Iheikwe

Vaulks

Hunt Byers Dele-Bashiru Bannan Johnson

Smith

Iorfa needs binning.. awful.

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Subs;

Dawson

Palmer

James

Vaulks

Adeniran

Bakinson

Paterson

Nailed it.  No need to throw the baby out with the bath water just yet.

Give Famewo a go instead of Iorfa, he’s a left footed centre back and may even be a better defender than Dom is now.  He looked decent against Rayo V. 

Smith for Gregory is a no brainier 

14 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I wouldn’t throw the baby out of the bath water at this stage

One change, Smith for Gregory. 

Iorfa needs improvement from last week though otherwise Famewo will be coming in an Ihiekwe moving over

Be interested to see if Smith does start. I expect him to and I thought at Harrogate in the first half, Smith and Windass seemed like they could develop a partnership. 

I wonder if many fans have listened to the BBC sounds episodes that were added in the last couple of months covering Rotherham and Oxfords last 3 months of the season. I thought they were a good listen, told you a lot about the characters of the two managers. In that they revealed Smith was playing with an injection before the match and at half time. He was consistently playing at less than 100% fit. 

12 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Subs;

Dawson

Palmer

James

Vaulks

Adeniran

Bakinson

Paterson

This would be my guess. 

We were absolutely shafted down that left side and Iorfa was the weakest link in the team, although I do think he is just really rusty. 

Can definitely see a natural left footer come in down that side.