Dean or Hector - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Dean or Hector

Everyone seems hell bent on Harlee Dean signing, wrong side of 30 and on big wages ! Or would going for Hector on short contact ( season ) and paying him a descent wage, and maybe looking to extend that when we are promoted !!  #uto 

Not fussed on either based on what their wage would probably be. 

I might be in the minority but I was't that blown away by Dean when he was here. I thought he was good but I think that we are looking back and remember him being better than he was. Out of the two I think that Hector is a better player but he hasn't kicked a ball for ages

• Like 4

1 minute ago, markg said:

Not fussed on either based on what their wage would probably be. 

I might be in the minority but I was't that blown away by Dean when he was here. I thought he was good but I think that we are looking back and remember him being better than he was. Out of the two I think that Hector is a better player but he hasn't kicked a ball for ages

Exactly my thoughts, but Dean hasn’t either !!  Me personally I’d go for Hector ! #uto 

5 minutes ago, Owl said:

Exactly my thoughts, but Dean hasn’t either !!  Me personally I’d go for Hector ! #uto 

7 league starts since Jan 2020 !, aged 30 next birthday, 15 loan spells. Almost everything about the club has changed since his last spell, no idea about him playing league one. Would need to re locate from London, Had a chance to come here before and turned it down. Its a no from me. 

24 minutes ago, Owl said:

Everyone seems hell bent on Harlee Dean signing, wrong side of 30 and on big wages ! Or would going for Hector on short contact ( season ) and paying him a descent wage, and maybe looking to extend that when we are promoted !!  #uto 

Dean easy

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Owl said:

Dean is only 1yr older than Hector?

Just now, Emerson Thome said:

Hector would be a massive risk based on his lack of game time and wage expectations. Potentially a better player than Dean but I think Dean would more likely give you 40 games at a solid 7/10.

I agree, has he played much at all last couple of years?   Wiki shows at fulham in the 2019/20 he played 19 times with total times he played for them between 2019-2022 being 28..  that suggests in the last 2 years he has only played about 9 times....   Dean is proven in this league and will probably be less wages and less of a risk..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

I agree, has he played much at all last couple of years?   Wiki shows at fulham in the 2019/20 he played 19 times with total times he played for them between 2019-2022 being 28..  that suggests in the last 2 years he has only played about 9 times....   Dean is proven in this league and will probably be less wages and less of a risk..

Just checked - Hector played 7 games last season for Fulham. On the plus side, he completed 90 minutes every time (or 120 mins twice, as two were cup games that went to extra time). And he was pretty much named on the bench for Fulham for every game from October onwards.

So maybe his injury record/risk isn't as bad as I thought.

His wage demands may be though....

2 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Just checked - Hector played 7 games last season for Fulham. On the plus side, he completed 90 minutes every time (or 120 mins twice, as two were cup games that went to extra time). And he was pretty much named on the bench for Fulham for every game from October onwards.

So maybe his injury record/risk isn't as bad as I thought.

His wage demands may be though....

On the other hand Dean only made 7 appearances for us !!  #uto 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Owlabroad2001 said:

Hector, but don’t think we can afford either which is why we shopped in the basement and picked up Heneghan on a free.

Heneghan  is a fantastic signing, the price means nothing !! The scouting does   
#uto