Latest on Argentinian interest in Josh Windass - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Latest on Argentinian interest in Josh Windass

Posted this another thread but guess it has relevance to this one also…

Windass’ agency is ICM Stellar Sports. His most recently followed is ICM Stellar Sports Argentina on Instagram. 

Adios Josh. 

30F4D1BD-214F-4057-93CB-64C612E5B9DF.jpeg

• Like 1

If he's signing for Talleres only because of the manager then he probably shouldn't bother as they fire managers over here even quicker than back home. Managers are given very little time due to pressure from the barra bravas who make life hell. Talleres play in an amazing city though so can see why he'd be tempted

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I just hope we are serious about investing in quality this summer.

Letting both Windass and Berahino go. All well and good, but need to replace with better. Both in my view could play regularly in the division higher. 

Fair point, though Windass didn’t really contribute to us finishing in the playoffs.  So if we could swap his place in the squad with a more effective striker it would be a good move. Someone like Tshimanga at chesterfield has the potential to be the next Vardy/Wright striker from being prolific in non leagues to the top leagues.  Hopefully we can snap up someone with potential like that 

• Like 5

Good player, but struggled to keep fit and no good to us in the treatment room.

Last year of his contract, so any decent offer to be considered. 

You'd think with agents being involved there would have been an indication of how much the fee may be, which isn't considered prohibitive for them?

8 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Fair point, though Windass didn’t really contribute to us finishing in the playoffs.  So if we could swap his place in the squad with a more effective striker it would be a good move. Someone like Tshimanga at chesterfield has the potential to be the next Vardy/Wright striker from being prolific in non leagues to the top leagues.  Hopefully we can snap up someone with potential like that 

Seen a lot of people say Tshimanga.

Two things putting me off that one, National League completely different standard to League One/Championship. For every Jamie Vardy there are about 15 others who try and make the step up and are not as successful. Plus he’s come back from a pretty bad leg break I think? I mean not the end of the world, but takes time for a player to get over that. Look at Dunkley for example, spent two years getting him fit and then released him.

• Like 2

I’d sell him.

Its the old less is more scenario, the money we’d get plus the wage bill relief we could bring in 2/3 younger & healthier players we desperately need…CB,CB and another striker. 

We missed him this season, but we’ve seen without him we’re still almost good enough to win the league. It’s our defence that needs the priority investment not up top. 

• Like 2