Utterly Embarrassing - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Utterly Embarrassing

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

As he says in Dads Army, anyone else feel this club is doomed to be forever unsuccessful?  The fans deserves so much better than they get. 

1st class support, 2nd class management. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

As he says in Dads Army, anyone else feel this club is doomed to be forever unsuccessful?  The fans deserves so much better than they get. 

I started a thread saying we were “doomed” - I have nothing to do with it being merged into a thread about being “utterly embarrassing”.  Mods that is unfair to make it sound like I have.  Complaint will be in writing tomorrow once the tears have dried 

• Like 1

My 7 year old is in bed crying. Why did I do this to him? Why couldn't I tell him to just support Liverpool or City like half his mates. Have I been a bad parent for projecting my love of Wednesday onto him?

Blame falls squarely on Moore for this season imo, and i don't ever want to see Mendez Laing in a Wednesday shirt again.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, manilovetheowls said:

My 7 year old is in bed crying. Why did I do this to him? Why couldn't I tell him to just support Liverpool or City like half his mates. Have I been a bad parent for projecting my love of Wednesday onto him?

Blame falls squarely on Moore for this season imo, and i don't ever want to see Mendez Laing in a Wednesday shirt again.

Im sure there were 7 year old City fans crying last week mate.

Hope he gets over it quickly and that we give him something to smile about next year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, manilovetheowls said:

Naah...we all grew up fine.

Agree about mendez laing.

3 minutes ago, manilovetheowls said:

I’m very uneasy about lumbering anyone else with being a Wednesday fan 

maybe I’ll just let my un born and un conceived son be really into rugby or something 

Slow start to the season has cost us more than anything… I believe Moore inherited an absolute mess which he has not done a bad job of sorting out. 

build on what we have and keep Moore for another season. I think we will be better placed. Not keen on another managerial overhaul right now

disappointed about tonight, thought there was plenty of effort but just felt Sunderland were better and to be honest should have put us away in the first leg

a very Wednesday end to the game and the season… conceding late. This is the priority for next season in my eyes

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Anyone who wants to stick by this manager after those 2 sh1tshow of a play off semi must be deluded. 

70 minutes tonight we were dishes up utter dross of punt it long football, it didn’t work for the first ten, and it didn’t work for the next 60. We were crying out for pace pretty much from the start, and no action came from the bench. 

Wingbacks in our own half - not shutting down from the top, no outball, and when the ball was won up top - our midfielders were back in our own half. the only time we had any luck was when we actually moved into the final third and our wingbacks were higher up the park.

Game management shocking, tactically shocking - get him out.

If I'm being honest, I don’t think he got

that much wrong tactically. Palmer starting ahead of Hunt in the first leg was the right call

as he’s stronger defensively. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

Slow start to the season has cost us more than anything… I believe Moore inherited an absolute mess which he has not done a bad job of sorting out. 

build on what we have and keep Moore for another season. I think we will be better placed. Not keen on another managerial overhaul right now

disappointed about tonight, thought there was plenty of effort but just felt Sunderland were better and to be honest should have put us away in the first leg

a very Wednesday end to the game and the season… conceding late. This is the priority for next season in my eyes

Moore was out managed , he ain't up to it and there is nothing on his cv that says he is 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

We have to be looking at available candidates, surely. Then again, you’d never know what Chansiri could be pulling out of his hat. 

We didn’t show up these two games, and for me that doesn’t bode well for a future with Moore. We bottled it. 

Under different circumstances, with an owner who knew what he was doing I’d say sack Moore, but with Chansiri in charge there’s no point. 

• Like 2