Man of the match & Ratings - Crewe (H) - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Man of the match & Ratings - Crewe (H)

Man of the match   

374 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the match

• Peacock-Farrell
    • Storey
    • Johnson
    • Byers
    • Palmer
    • Paterson
    • Hunt
    • Bannan
    • Gregory
    • Berahino
    • Mendez-Laing
    • Luongo
    • Dunkley
    • Kamberi

NML for me. Not his fault him and Johnson were both in the same area trying to avoid stepping on each others toes. Despite that he had their FB on toast most of the night. I like the way he just muscles his way past players, won the penalty too.

Byers was good , he was busy and drew a good save from the keeper but he was too deep for much of the game.

I was going to give pelters to Berahino for missing a sitter and then not taking chance after chance but Patersons miss was just as bad.

I just can't understand how we can let Crewe give us the run around towards the end. We needed calm heads and it was just panic from our players.  The side was badly set up, I know Moore will have his reasons but it looked like he was trying his best to drop 3 points. Don't get me wrong I think Moore has done well recently but that was a decidedly odd team to pick.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

NML frustrated me tonight.

On one hand he nipped the ball away a lot off Crewe’s toes and won that penalty.

On the other he gave the ball away a lot and him and Johnson seemed to just get in each other’s way. 

This, NML was poor overall in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

NML for me - asked to play in a position which he can't be that used to and did a really good job. Not just going forward but also made a couple of excellent interceptions and tackles by closing his man down quickly. Then obviously won the match-winning penalty too!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S6ToBerlin said:

NML for me - asked to play in a position which he can't be that used to and did a really good job. Not just going forward but also made a couple of excellent interceptions and tackles by closing his man down quickly. Then obviously won the match-winning penalty too!

He also failed to beat his man on numerous occasions and gave the ball away lots.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, prowl said:

NML for me. Not his fault him and Johnson were both in the same area trying to avoid stepping on each others toes. Despite that he had their FB on toast most of the night. I like the way he just muscles his way past players, won the penalty too.

Byers was good , he was busy and drew a good save from the keeper but he was too deep for much of the game.

I was going to give pelters to Berahino for missing a sitter and then not taking chance after chance but Patersons miss was just as bad.

I just can't understand how we can let Crewe give us the run around towards the end. We needed calm heads and it was just panic from our players.  The side was badly set up, I know Moore will have his reasons but it looked like he was trying his best to drop 3 points. Don't get me wrong I think Moore has done well recently but that was a decidedly odd team to pick.

Patersons miss whilst bad, was nowhere near as bad as Berahinos first miss, not in the same ballpark. Pato mistimed his shot and kicked fresh air. Berahino had an open net and it was easier to score than blast it in the Kop.

• Like 1