BREAKING NEWS - SWFC Season Ticket prices frozen - Page 2 - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

BREAKING NEWS - SWFC Season Ticket prices frozen

Guest mrbluesky

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

If you’re an adult with two kids on the south that’s £600 you have to find in the next two weeks….a week before Christmas lol 

Classic SWFC

Surely everyone has that down the back of the sofa don’t they? 

Sheffield Wednesday football club of Kensington and Chelsea init?

:Chansiri:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The more I think about this, the more it feels the club have put serious work into offering something that's a good enough deal to capture a nice cash grab before January, yet still stupid and prohibitive enough that most will have to spend more later. 

It's genuinely impressive. 

7 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Just spotted that. Surely better to launch the early bird when this is in place? People will just end up not bothering if they then feel like they’ve been forced into buying at a higher price.

The only reason to offer an early bird price this early is that they want your money right now. I.e, literally right now, not in 9 months split over finance. 

Like I say, maybe this isn't a cynical cash grab before January, but it sure looks like it.

• Like 3

If you ever want clarification of how a club treats you as a customer and not a supporter then this is it.

9 months before a season starts the club want all the money up front giving you 4 days notice & 1 week to buy at the cheapest rate. The pricing is fair for 1 week, the same ticket 10 days later is £40 more? Why?! Have one early bird & run it from Mid January until Mid Feb giving all fans plenty of time and opportunity to buy one at a fair price. 

Poor from SWFC. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Why are we doing three stages of sales for the early bird? Seems to penalize those who get paid end of the month. 

We don’t half make it complicated. 

it’s ridiculous. With Christmas coming only those with plenty of spare cash can afford them. 

Early bird prices should change month on month. 

I can only assume they think Covid is going to bite hard soon and spook fans 

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

If you ever want clarification of how a club treats you as a customer and not a supporter then this is it.

9 months before a season starts the club want all the money up front giving you 4 days notice & 1 week to buy at the cheapest rate. The pricing is fair for 1 week, the same ticket 10 days later is £40 more? Why?! Have one early bird & run it from Mid January until Mid Feb giving all fans plenty of time and opportunity to buy one at a fair price. 

Poor from SWFC. 

Can tell old Channers is back in town eh?

lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can tell old Channers is back in town eh?

lol

It’s only took him a week or so! 

I genuinely think they’ll back down on this. I’ve never in my life known a business not understand their own customer as much as SWFC. 

• Like 2

Like everything under Chansiri this makes no sense whatsoever!

if it’s because we need the cash in December, the cash flow forecast would’ve shown this well before today.

In which case it is ridiculous to give fans so little notice. At least let them know a month ago.

If we don’t need the cash in December, then why on Earth would you ask fans to dip in their pockets at the toughest time of the year?

Either way, total and utter incompetence!

Im done, a season ticket every single year since 84/85 season but I’m not paying this idiot any longer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

It’s only took him a week or so! 

I genuinely think they’ll back down on this. I’ve never in my life known a business not understand their own customer as much as SWFC. 

It's absolutely mental isn't it.  Just when you think they are starting to make small step they do something like this.

DC will have just railroaded this through, there's no way anyone with an ounce of sense would say this is a good idea.  

We were desperate for change in how the club was being run and whilst DC was away, it appeared Dooley was making some decent small steps forward.  Then DC over and bang, all that work undone.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-12-02 at 13.23.38.png

Screenshot 2021-12-02 at 13.23.46.png

Screenshot 2021-12-02 at 13.24.38.png

Not gone down well on Twitter with our fans

Thousands of supports STILL owed refunds, yet they want those same supporters to give the club more money three weeks before Christmas. 

This club hasn't got a clue. 

• Like 4

Sorry but it stinks of pure desperation to get a bit of cash in.

We're 4 months into our league 1 season and they stick the cheapest prices out just before Christmas.

Far too early to bring them out, but again it just seems like a cheap shot to get some quick money into the club.

• Like 1