No MOORE apologies - Page 3 - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

No MOORE apologies

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

its the rovrum and oxford that have nous to keep the same managers and give them time to build a squad ......5 years for warne and coming up 4 years robinson .thats 10 transfer windows our poor sap as had one signing loans ,freebies and out of contract players .

And every single one of them loans.freebies and out of contract players will be on at least treble the wages of rovrum and oxford players..probsbly ×4 ..we are hardly the poundland outfit of the 3td division...bixzare post imo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Fellow fans might not thank me, but get the contract out put it on the table & let him sign it, let him write whatever numbers he wants, let him sign the contract. Moore is at the wheel man!

more like the Anchor Desk (not sure if that's only a North American expression??  hopefully not)  ...anyway - that with an emphasis on anchor..

1 hour ago, stanningtonowl said:

Tonight wasn’t Moore’s fault. The players were utter dogger. Out of position or not.

Byers,Wing and Brown should question whether they want to be professional footballers because nothing they did tonight would show that they would make it. 

Spot on but Wildsmith needs adding to your list mate. It's already being said about his lead boots and not coming off the goal line for crosses but does he know how to use his hands and move his arms to stop a shot. Let's hope us fans who go to Portsmouth on Tuesday night see a performance like last Saturday and not tonights garbage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

I think it might be, absolutely no idea what you're talking about 😆😂😆😂

Will Ferrell was an anchorman - here he is at the Anchor Desk....    all the news media in NA call it the Anchor Desk...   anyway my joke fell flat on it's ass... lol

image.png.aef88951777569dbe5a54b70a1e7ca15.png

Just now, Whitecap Owl said:

Will Ferrell was an anchorman - here he is at the Anchor Desk....    all the news media in NA call it the Anchor Desk...   anyway my joke fell flat on it's ass... lol

image.png.aef88951777569dbe5a54b70a1e7ca15.png

Ha, I get it now, Ron Burgundy!

Will Ferrell is a particular hero of mine, I even enjoyed Holmes and Watson ffs.

You're ass is no longer flat, but it's never a good thing to have to explain your jokes.

You stay classy!

• Thanks 1

Sack him now to allow new guy time before January..... May not need as much in January if they get more out of what we have..... Or be able to asses what we need. Either way will have time to get to work before busy Christmas and will have time to work on January...

Moore isn't getting us relegated but he's failing to do better and we are not going up with him.... Even IF we snuck in to the play offs would you have any confidence in him to win them....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Comments in this thread are symptomatic of why Moore has a thankless task here as has had some of his recent predecessors and whoever follows him.

Was anyone really bothered about the Papa Johns Trophy? If memory serves me correct the majority on here wanted out of it as soon as possible? We’re now out of it and what some on here have is ‘one of those infamous OT Meltdown’s’

Yes it’s not great losing 3-0 at home to Hartlepool but let’s look at the facts

Wildsmith was in a goal

the back 3 was very makeshift to say the least including a good young prospect who is learning intensively due to current circumstances.

A midfield that is unlikely to be ever first choice including a player who let’s face it will be recalled by Wilder at the first opportunity.

And finally a front two of a player who is really struggling to recapture past glories and a player who hasn’t really been given a chance and will more than likely be off in January?

As for the manager he has been lauded recently by some and understandably so as we are starting to make progress but there are still some long standing issues that won’t be solved overnight.

The two away games next week are more important than last night’s game and what Moore should be judged on but whatever happens next week, his critics will be out in force. One day his critics will realise the utter sh!tshow he inherited and realise he’s doing a decent job and that if he was to leave this season, his successor is very likely to be much worse than him?

• Like 1

Torn between what to think of Moore at the moment. The last 3 league games have been an improvement, more attacking intent, less shoe horning players into wrong positions, but the lacklustre draws against nobody teams is way we're not battling for the top 2, jury is still massively for me on him. Last night wasn't good, but i didn't leave hillsborough disappointed so how can i slag him off for it. The performance was shocking but from the starting line up there's only 3 or 4 who would start in the league, it was genuinely like they'd been told to throw it, it was that bad. I'll reserve judgment until after the Portsmouth and Crewe game, but i'm very torn. Still think a lot of papering over the cracks was done in the last 3 league games 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Just get on with your job to get us out of this forsaken league 1, No distractions now, we're  out of all the cups, so get on with it. 

The players really did look uninterested and lack lustre, makes you wonder.....

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Garry Monk being the most obvious example

While I was typing the post I knew you’d drop the Monk bomb. Moore inherited a sh!tshow created amongst others by Mr Monk. At least Moore tries to involve the collective and doesn’t come across as an arrogant know it all like Monk did IMO?

1 minute ago, Jim said:

While I was typing the post I knew you’d drop the Monk bomb. Moore inherited a sh!tshow created amongst others by Mr Monk. At least Moore tries to involve the collective and doesn’t come across as an arrogant know it all like Monk did IMO?

So you're willing to make excuses and give the benefit of the doubt to anyone but the one you absolutely hated with a passion?

Seems fair

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

So you're willing to make excuses and give the benefit of the doubt to anyone but the one you absolutely hated with a passion?

Seems fair

lol

I’ll quite happily give the benefit of any doubt to Moore. I didn’t hate Monk, I just thought he was a sh!t manager. If he had performed averagely in the second half of his first season in charge, the points deduction wouldn’t have been as damaging as it’s proved to be but you’ll blame the wage issues and not that he got it massively wrong on the playing side.

Just now, Jim said:

I’ll quite happily give the benefit of any doubt to Moore. I didn’t hate Monk, I just thought he was a sh!t manager. If he had performed averagely in the second half of his first season in charge, the points deduction wouldn’t have been as damaging as it’s proved to be but you’ll blame the wage issues and not that he got it massively wrong on the playing side.

Similarly you'll put ALL the blame on Monk and not acknowledge the horrific stuff going on behind the scenes that caused the slump

That's like blaming a driver for crashing when someone's cut his brake cables and let his tyres down 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Similarly you'll put ALL the blame on Monk and not acknowledge the horrific stuff going on behind the scenes that caused the slump

That's like blaming a driver for crashing when someone's cut his brake cables and let his tyres down 

Horrific stuff? The only thing that has really got into the public domain is the wage issue. What else could’ve caused the carnage you’re going on about?