Cambridge Utd v Owls Preview - OMDT - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Cambridge Utd v Owls Preview - OMDT

3 hours ago, sternlad said:

Reyt…but where is His Flagship…I mean Warship…no, Lordship..that’s what I mean.

I am concerned. Apparently he was in the Nun's Chuff last Wednesday drinking copiously (and mixing it) muttering incomprehensibly, inconsolably: 'It's the 14th'..... 'Senlac Hill'... 'heroes'... 'just another 30minutes'... 'Housecarls'.. 'The B*st*rd'. 

No one knew what he was on about and Stubbs had to carry him out at 1 in the morning. 

Then matters worsened after the Owls' result against Wombledon. He disappeared into the wine cellars and was only discovered by Her Ladyship at supper time last night. Barely conscious and surrounded by empties, muttering 'tip tap', 'shieldwall' 

I fear his Matchday thread may be in doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

My first ever post,, but I've been guesting for years,, so thanks for letting me in.

Darren getting ANGRY,,, I certainly hope so,,, who was it that said,,, "don't make him ANGRY,, you won't like him when he's ANGRY"

Our ability to throw points away in the last 10 minutes is criminal,,, is it confidence,, mindset or concentration,, who knows but IMO this weakness is in the head's,,, this lot "could" play some decent football if they chose to.

I hope and pray we start to see a "well gelled" team very soon,,,  in the last 3 games the final 10 minutes of each game we had gone way past being gelled,,,, we'd congealed.

I think we should give DM more time,,, his reputation with fellow professionals is very impressive and they know a lot more about how you build a well gelled team than I do,,, but his honeymoon period is rapidly coming to a close.

BUT,,, please STOP us playing out from the back,,, it is very evidently not working for us and every time we try I get that nervous "first date feeling" in the pit of my stomach,,, and it is clear the opposition have worked out where we are weak as well.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Cambridge United, 4 home league games without a win.

Not to worry, we've brought out customary red carpet with us and will proceed to roll it out shortly before 7.45pm.

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I just like the fact we signed a load of players to play 4-3-3 and are now lining up 3-5-2.

It’s brilliant management.. as Al Pacino said “No matter how good you are, don't ever let them see you coming.”  Moore has taken that to mean don’t - pick the formation and team that the opposition expects when looking at your squad.  

• Like 1