Newcastle takeover. - Page 15 - General Football Chat - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Newcastle takeover.

13 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Agree clever move for Howe to go there, but bizarre decision from them.  An over hyped manager who had success taking Bournemouth up when they splashed the cash.  Only other job on his CV was a failure.

Likes to play attractive football but his side's leak goals and are poor defensively.

Really needed an experienced head to sort them out and give them a chance to stay up and build with new manager in summer.

For me it's now Newcastle and Norwich two cheers for relegation.

The defensive point is key.

some of Newcastle’s defending has been dire this season, quite a change from Bruce who in the prior seasons had them playing boring football but didn’t concede many .  Howe turned out high scoring but leaky teams at bournemouth.  It doesn’t look like a match made in heaven !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

The defensive point is key.

some of Newcastle’s defending has been dire this season, quite a change from Bruce who in the prior seasons had them playing boring football but didn’t concede many .  Howe turned out high scoring but leaky teams at bournemouth.  It doesn’t look like a match made in heaven !

Definitely not, know a few Burnley fans who don't have a very high opinion of his ability to organise a defence from his two years there!

• Thanks 1

I mean, Howe has just secured his retirement fund. It wont end well for him in footballing terms but personally he'll be set.

They are going to be looking at any players who are big names struggling at top clubs - Coutinho, Ramsey, Lingard, Martial, etc.

They'll sign no decent defenders and continue to concede loads of goals with their Championship back five.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Absolutely gutted that Howe has got the job. Means he's back on our screens doing post match interviews now. I can't stand the way he talks, his teeth don't move. Looks like a ventriloquists dummy that's not wired up right. 

Eddie gives another post-match interview

image.png.97257462a5e5973bbcaf4cb51d583e0c.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Not entirely sure Howe qualifies as the experienced "safe pair of hands" many pundits thought Newcastle needed.

So because of that...I expect him to go on a 15 game winning streak before leading the toon to Europe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now, i don’t mind Newcastle and I felt excited for them with the takeover and the talk of being the next Man City (but with wealthier owners).  But I can’t imagine they thought they would appoint ex-Bournemouth boss Howe as their manager when Bruce went. That has to be one of the biggest anti-climaxes ever. Even with Ashley in charge they could of appointed Howe as manager, or better.  

If they continue not to win games until Christmas it could be a very short managerial career at the toon for Eddie 

• Like 2