Newcastle takeover. - Page 11 - General Football Chat - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Newcastle takeover.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Some Wednesday fans will be gloating over this.

Not sure why when Bruce has got a reported £8m pay off and will probably go and watch some cricket in a hot climate during the winter and weigh up his options.

Because Bruce would give all that money back and more to have stayed in that job. To see him cast aside, like he doesn't matter, without being given a chance to spend all that cash and have his ego further inflated with the success coming their way, is exactly what he deserves. Let's not for one second glorify this guy or give him the martyr status, just last week he was gloating to the press that they were wrong about him being in charge for the spurs game, even going as far as to say their bosses at the papers should give them a slap for being wrong.

The guy is despicable and people are bored with his woe is me, sad grandma face post match interviews. 

Still, i'd take him back tomorrow and have Moore as his assistant

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Because Bruce would give all that money back and more to have stayed in that job. To see him cast aside, like he doesn't matter, without being given a chance to spend all that cash and have his ego further inflated with the success coming their way, is exactly what he deserves. Let's not for one second glorify this guy or give him the martyr status, just last week he was gloating to the press that they were wrong about him being in charge for the spurs game, even going as far as to say their bosses at the papers should give them a slap for being wrong.

The guy is despicable and people are bored with his woe is me, sad grandma face post match interviews. 

Still, i'd take him back tomorrow and have Moore as his assistant

:duntmatter:

I can see why Bruce isn't very popular with Wednesday fans but a bit of a stretch to say his is despicable.

He must have known for a while he was unlikely to stay as manager for much longer.

Bruce is only person along with Joao we have sold on for a profit as well.

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I can see why Bruce isn't very popular with Wednesday fans but a bit of a stretch to say his is despicable.

He must have known for a while he was unlikely to stay as manager for much longer.

"I hope you guys are getting a slap from your bosses, whoever your source was, whoever's feeding you, didn't get it right."

That's what you get from a despicable man. 

Also, we didn't sell him, he walked and we were compensated due to the fact he was bound by a contract that he was quickly willing to break. 

1 minute ago, 0742 said:

"I hope you guys are getting a slap from your bosses, whoever your source was, whoever's feeding you, didn't get it right."

That's what you get from a despicable man. 

Also, we didn't sell him, he walked and we were compensated due to the fact he was bound by a contract that he was quickly willing to break. 

Man has a bit of lighthearted banter with the press hardly makes his despicable.

I don't mind Steve Bruce and can understand why he left, the club was in free fall under Chansiri with points deduction looming when Bruce left.

• Like 1

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Man has a bit of lighthearted banter with the press hardly makes his despicable.

I don't mind Steve Bruce and can understand why he left, the club was in free fall under Chansiri with points deduction looming when Bruce left.

light hearted banter, aye course. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

And Jack Hunt 😉

For the last 18 months or so SKY have been prominent in promoting that there is no place for discrimination of any form in football yet they have been spaffing their pants about the takeover by the Saudi led public investment fund backed by the Saidu crown who himself has a very shady background and a reported disregard for human rights which makes a complete mockery of what they have been promoting. Even the Newcastle United LGBTQ group dont have any real concerns other than releasing a statement against their club being taken over by the investment fund, I guess if they have the money nothing else matters.

19 minutes ago, kopman9 said:

For the last 18 months or so SKY have been prominent in promoting that there is no place for discrimination of any form in football yet they have been spaffing their pants about the takeover by the Saudi led public investment fund backed by the Saidu crown who himself has a very shady background and a reported disregard for human rights which makes a complete mockery of what they have been promoting. Even the Newcastle United LGBTQ group dont have any real concerns other than releasing a statement against their club being taken over by the investment fund, I guess if they have the money nothing else matters.

Tbf, the horse bolted long ago when it comes to finance in English football and where it comes from.

Abu Dhabi don't exactly have a great record on human rights. We've got investment from Russia, China and so on and so on.

Heck, our owner seemingly inherited his wealth from Thai fishing which has a crap record when it comes to hinsn rights, slave labour etc.

Should also be pointed out that despite all the condemnation of the Saudi regime, they are one of the US and UK's biggest allies in the middle eastern region. This is not exactly the first time an English based business will have taken on Saudi investment.

Not saying I agree with it, but any sense of morality in English football left the building many decades ago.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 2