Newcastle takeover. - General Football Chat - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Newcastle takeover.

Look set to get PL approval for a takeover by mega rich Saudi Arabian’s.

I remember early 90’s they were nowhere and we were winning the league cup as a then division 2 team and 2 years later having 4 trips to Wembley. 

We are the only club to get a “supposed” rich owner and actually go down the league. Leicester were in admin at one point and then go on to win the league. Wolves got Chinese owners, employed a super agent and stormed the league. 

We have to be one of the worst run and most underachieving football teams in the country. Without a super rich owner that can spend what he wants without restrictions, I can’t ever see us dining at the top table again. 

Fans deserve so much more. Anyway on to Bolton. 

• Like 4

They have been many clubs who got took over by rich owners and was an air of optimism by the fans and it all went sour, not just us.

Newcastle for example with Mike Ashley, he was popular when he first took over.

Do find it all a bit soulless though the only hope clubs have is being taken over by mega rich bloke who wouldn't have been able to find the town the club is in on a map 2 weeks before he brought it. 

• Like 3

Talking about Mbappe and Haaland, think they need to chill out a bit 

Yes it’s great for the fans but I imagine it’ll take a few years until they start to see results and real progress from the takeover 

Remember when City first got taken over and it took a few years for them to get going 

Pardon my ignorance, but are there significant differences between the Man City owners and the proposed Newcastle owners?

I don't recall there being the same kerfuffle when they wanted to buy City. I'm open to being educated, but always thought of UAE in the same way as Saudi Arabia, but with better PR, and similar civil rights issues.

Also seems strange for the EPL to be so pious when partner organisations such as FIFA are whoring out the world cup to such as Qatar. Suspect much of the opposition down to certain teams not wanting another wealthy club to rock the boat. After all, we know the EPL have no morals, just fixated on money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Mcguigan
5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Will Newcastle be joining in with the Rainbow Laces day for LGBT rights if the Saudis take-over?

Will laces fit around a neck?

27 minutes ago, striker said:

Pardon my ignorance, but are there significant differences between the Man City owners and the proposed Newcastle owners?

I don't recall there being the same kerfuffle when they wanted to buy City. I'm open to being educated, but always thought of UAE in the same way as Saudi Arabia, but with better PR, and similar civil rights issues.

Also seems strange for the EPL to be so pious when partner organisations such as FIFA are whoring out the world cup to such as Qatar. Suspect much of the opposition down to certain teams not wanting another wealthy club to rock the boat. After all, we know the EPL have no morals, just fixated on money.

I think UAE is a softer regime that only kidnaps princesses. Saudi Arabia may have had recent cause to kill a journalist, and may also have inadvertently provided a few nationals to act as hijackers and pilots for 9-11, but they have also bought $110m of weapons from the U.S - so not all bad. 

• Like 2

It’s frustrating to see people tweet images like this then the minute they get taken over it’s all dancing in the streets and celebrating.

Football needs to get a grip, fans are just too fickle. 

What’s the point anymore? What is there to achieve if you’re not bankrolled with unlimited money? Part of me wishes they did make the super league a closed shop and give us back the game we enjoyed.

As far as Newcastle fans go some of them are already unbearable on social media giving it the ‘no club deserves it more than us’ line.

I hope it goes balls up myself.

5D38E59D-D0B7-46E9-B8E2-E9C05739BE66.jpeg

• Like 9