“ League One will be good fun “ - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

“ League One will be good fun “

I question our attitude and application.

Probably got the ability to do well, but my god do we look mentally soft again.

Slightest setback and it all goes to pot. Got no chance of getting promoted if that keeps happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, 83owl said:

I’m just glad we got relegated so that we can embarrass ourselves against the likes of Morecombe instead of having to take on powerhouses such as Luton and Coventry.

You look at the crowd yesterday and think (like @sheffield_dave said) it’s still Wednesday, it’s still a sunny day at Hillsborough, and no matter what league you just want to see the Owls win. Which is true. 

However, after people saying League One would be good for us, it won’t be if we can’t win games like that at home and get embarrassing results away. 

At least if you draw with QPR in the Championship, it’s not exactly fun but it’s better than yesterday. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Terrible start

Yes, it’s not great - but we’re less than 20% through the season.

Players are still developing an understanding of each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Things will improve as the season progresses.

Id like it if we were in pole position at the top of the League, obviously, but Mo Farah wasn’t always in front on the first lap.

Keep the faith

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Players are still developing an understanding of each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Things will improve as the season progresses.

Id like it if we were in pole position at the top of the League, obviously, but Mo Farah wasn’t always in front on the first lap.

Keep the faith

Mo Farah used to hang at the back because he wasn't the fastest middle distance runner but had a great kick, if nobody pushes the race forwards he can stay in the slip stream and then utilise his kick at the end. It's completely different lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

Keep the faith

The more the players get to know each other (how hard can it be?), the worse they are getting.

We were top of the table for a while(while gelling), and now we are squeezed between Accrington Stanley and Cambridge in midtable.

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
26 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

The last 3 performances and results show that’s not happening.

The last three results but not the performances. We’ve only really been awful against Plymouth. We did enough to win yesterday. Admittedly, It wasn’t great but we missed a penalty and had a good goal ruled out and we battered Morecambe and lost. 
Yes it’s frustrating but I simply don’t understand the panic on here at the moment. We all want us to win every game 3-0 and play like 1970’s Brazil but realistically that was never going to happen with so many new players. I’m sure it will come together given a bit of time. 

After watching 70 minutes of unadulterated dross yesterday Im getting close to calling it a day. Apart from a couple, both on Wednesdays side, the skill level amongst the so called players  was jaw droppingly bad. If this is the level of entertainment we can expect in the future then I'll find something else to do no a Saturday. Yes I'll even suffer Meadowhell with the missus.