Brown - Page 4 - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

To be honest, not sure you can blame Brown for that. What the friggin nora was Wildsmith doing. 

Tbh I didn’t even have that goal in my mind…just his general performances when he’s at the back.

They’re a world away from his performances in a more advanced role

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vulva said:

To be honest, not sure you can blame Brown for that. What the friggin nora was Wildsmith doing. 

Doing what all keepers are trained to do when preparing for a backpass  - getting out of the way of the goal so if they miss it, or miscontrol it, the ball doesn't go in the net. 

Basics at kids football is to pass the ball back to the keeper wide of the goal to avoid this scenario. 

100% Brown's fault I'm afraid.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Wee poor again, every time he's had a chance to nail down a position he's bottled it. Weak as hell at Wimbledon defensively, rubbish last night, rubbish in the cup replay at plymouth. Always thought he offered something attacking to be honest, showed good glimpses early on in the season at Charlton, Rotherham, Wigan, i just don't think he has that defensive mindset or steel, which is worrying as he said left back is his proper position. But from what we've seen either left wing or wing back is the only position he could offer something with the driving runs. Asking him to defend is a car crash, even though he wasn't solely to blame last night. Wildsmith did his best to share the blame

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Doing what all keepers are trained to do when preparing for a backpass  - getting out of the way of the goal so if they miss it, or miscontrol it, the ball doesn't go in the net. 

Basics at kids football is to pass the ball back to the keeper wide of the goal to avoid this scenario. 

100% Brown's fault I'm afraid.

Did Wildsmith want fries with it? He moved like he was towing the Bullseye caravan ffs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

I don't think I've ever seen a player who regressed as much as Brown, really did show some promise early on when playing on the wing.

The latter part of your post might help explain the former: Brown's clearly not a centre back.

Stick him out on the wing and let him run at players, and he's got something there we can work with. 

I think Brown has found the "My Greatest Shots On Goal" ..

(The Julian Borner guide to goalkeeper backpassing )

in his locker .....

Whilst being Devils Advocate here the wife looked at me and said of Wildsmith " Why did he just stop running? 

Has someone just taken his batteries out ? .....

• Like 1