Liam Palmer is actually really truly one of US - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Liam Palmer is actually really truly one of US

Remember first time I've seen him play wa for U-18's against Manchester United playing right wing (think that I still have that game on DVD). He hit the bar from almost 40 yards out and for years I thought he had great shot on him 😂

• Haha 2

Guest Willow Owl
Just now, Kelfin Platz said:

I'm crap when someone says oooh, doesn't he look like his dad, or he's got his mothers eyes, or his looks have never changed since he was 5, but even I can tell that's Liam Palmer. Disagree about him being one of us though as he doesn't strike me as a moaning fanny, in fact Hutch alluded to this the other day or so, never moans, when asked to do something he just gets on and does it. He has taken some poo off a section of supporters, totally unwarranted in my view. Slate a player by all means through lack of effort, but I've never seen that with Liam. Be a sad day for me anyway, should he leave.

This 100%

Smashing lad who’s worked so hard to achieve his ambition. 

I have never understood why other clubs sing ‘a player’s name, he’s one of our own’ but I’ve never heard it sung about Liam. 

Perhaps it’s just because he was born 20 odd miles away in Worksop!!!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

Yes, He's truly one of us, he might as well sit in the stands with me cos he's no good at playing football

And yet every manager who’s been at the club has played him in the first team. 

And a club in a higher league is interested in him. 

• Like 4

Guest T Hardy
2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

And yet every manager who’s been at the club has played him in the first team. 

And a club in a higher league is interested in him. 

Giles Coke and Darren Potter were played by every manager that had them at Wednesday.

He’s never been a top Championship right back, which is what we needed when we were trying to get into the Prem, Hunt was/is a far better player.

League One I think is Palmer’s level, but ironically Hunt is back and far better in that position IMO.

Hard to know how genuine the NF interest is and how they’d use him if they were to buy him. I wish him well, he’s been here for years and I think we all have a soft spot for him because he’s an Owl, but he’s never been good enough for what we’ve tried to achieve since getting back into the Championship I think - now he’s second fiddle to a better player again 

27 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

Yes, He's truly one of us, he might as well sit in the stands with me cos he's no good at playing football

Yeah, and you don't seem to have any talent for assessing the worth of football players.

Really a snide comment by you there my friend.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

Thing is, that’s rubbish isn’t it. Step away from the cookie jar. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1