Summary - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Summary

We've had a really good window to date, still desperate for a couple of strikers, but all looking a lot more promising.

Wonder what the bookies have to say about us after todays news, have we overtaken Ipswich as the odds on favourites yet?

lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, striker said:

We've had a really good window to date, still desperate for a couple of strikers, but all looking a lot more promising.

Wonder what the bookies have to say about us after todays news, have we overtaken Ipswich as the odds on favourites yet?

lol

Third favourites according to sky bet. 

5D62B873-B3B1-4CED-95A9-AC4C29B2D006.png

• Thanks 1

So this is what happens when you get a good manager in with man management and people skills and allow him to have the say on transfers….! 

Been critical of the recruitment team in the past but well done all so far! It also gives me a little more confidence that we’ll get a decent striker in or two along with another CB (once Borner goes) and winger! 

10 minutes ago, George said:

If I may take my regular role as a negative ninny; too many loans. If it's not going well then loans lose interest. It concerns me.

Really? 3 loans is too many? Without trawling through all the other squads in the league I'd be very surprised if the majority of them at this level have 3 loans or less.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

Really? 3 loans is too many? Without trawling through all the other squads in the league I'd be very surprised if the majority of them at this level have 3 loans or less.

Nowadays most lower league clubs have nearly half a dozen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

I'm sure you're right. 

I just think our own dealings in the loan market of late leave me a little cold. Hector was good and worthwhile but some have lost interest pretty quickly.

Only the uber negative would be unhappy with our recruitment so far! Half of them on here are screaming hold my beer, great business and it doesn't need anyone to tell him I think DM knows exactly what's needed now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1