Away ticket question - Page 2 - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Away ticket question

3 hours ago, Watto said:

Question: why do you want to go and watch a Wednesday team with no identity, under strength with a basket case owner in charge , I've never been as apathetic as right now with this football club and it just seems to have no end in sight.

Coz they are true loyal supporters, get back under the bed sheets.

• Like 1

ive done a bit of checking , loads of teams selling away pre season games . but not 1 club out of the 5-6 ive checked who have an away game on aug 7th have anything for sale. whats going off? football without an away following is as good as games played behind closed doors which i wont be bothering again with. either we can go home/away or i will stop going. 

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

They let 60k into Wembley BEFORE current restrictions were lifted. People came from all over the country. 

the week before they let tens of thousands of sweaty socks descend on london. 

3k max wednesday fans not allowed tho ???

Do the maths. Its not just about 3k wednesday fans. On any given weekend there would be tens of thousands of football fans travelling the country. Hope lm wrong but l can't see it happening. 

9 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

Do the maths. Its not just about 3k wednesday fans. On any given weekend there would be tens of thousands of football fans travelling the country. Hope lm wrong but l can't see it happening. 

but ….

as of “freedom Monday”. Stadiums can operate at full capacity 

18 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Yes,  I know there is a designated ticket section to the site, but I (unilaterally) decided this is of wider interest than that section:

We play Charlton in 16 days, yet there are no details for away tickets. Initially i suspected this was an issue with Wednesday (a fair assumption, usually) but browsing other LG1 teams' official sites it appears nobody is selling / notifying of away tickets.

Do we think away fans will be allowed in from the season's start? Is everyone waiting on a government decision? Spooked by the rising rates?

Personally I don’t see why away fans can’t travel, going on everything else that’s been allowed to happen. But, I’ve a feeling that that won’t be the case and away fans won’t be in from the start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t see why away fans will be an issue, as it appears the government have ditched the so called tier approach. 

With this whole ‘pingdemic’, there will be inevitably be staff shortages at some clubs, be it players, ticket office staff etc

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Not true at all.

Plenty are packed onto trains coming down from the North for a weekend/day out in London. 

Mon to Friday most are commuting to earn a living. As I said previously the government can't stop people travelling now but they can tell football clubs to bar away fans.l think this may be the case but I hope I'm wrong.