Away ticket question - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Away ticket question

Yes,  I know there is a designated ticket section to the site, but I (unilaterally) decided this is of wider interest than that section:

We play Charlton in 16 days, yet there are no details for away tickets. Initially i suspected this was an issue with Wednesday (a fair assumption, usually) but browsing other LG1 teams' official sites it appears nobody is selling / notifying of away tickets.

Do we think away fans will be allowed in from the season's start? Is everyone waiting on a government decision? Spooked by the rising rates?

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Yes,  I know there is a designated ticket section to the site, but I (unilaterally) decided this is of wider interest than that section:

We play Charlton in 16 days, yet there are no details for away tickets. Initially i suspected this was an issue with Wednesday (a fair assumption, usually) but browsing other LG1 teams' official sites it appears nobody is selling / notifying of away tickets.

Do we think away fans will be allowed in from the season's start? Is everyone waiting on a government decision? Spooked by the rising rates?

Reckon the last paragraph might be true.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Looking on the Charlton ticket section they are selling tickets for all areas of the stadium apart from the away end

Guessing that means they are expecting us to be able to bring fans

• Thanks 1

There is a very disappointing lack of information about the Charlton situation, I agree; but even more disappointing is the total lack of information about the Carabao Cup match against Huddersfield, which after all is only 10 days away!!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

It's the travelling to the venues for away fans that makes it a problem. 

But I live in London - me travelling all the way to Sheffield for a home game would be allowed! But I wouldn't be surprised if you're right.

Hopefully there will be some clarity on this soon enough...

Question: why do you want to go and watch a Wednesday team with no identity, under strength with a basket case owner in charge , I've never been as apathetic as right now with this football club and it just seems to have no end in sight.

32 minutes ago, Watto said:

Question: why do you want to go and watch a Wednesday team with no identity, under strength with a basket case owner in charge , I've never been as apathetic as right now with this football club and it just seems to have no end in sight.

I can confidently say barring a few seasons here and there, going to the games has never been about the prospect of watching exciting football 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lanzaroteowl said:

It's the travelling to the venues for away fans that makes it a problem. 

This.Can't see the government wanting thousands of football fans travelling around the country every weekend the way things are going.

Guest The Claw
3 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

youll not get in unless they turn it into a night club 

Charlton have said to buy tickets early if away end sells out there be no tickets for sale on matchday . I read that on monday .  Why aint these tickets on sale? No hudds no priority points etc etc. What the hell is happening ? Add to that shirts and who thinks they will even get season tickets out before 1st game. Omg 

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Justbeanz said:

This.Can't see the government wanting thousands of football fans travelling around the country every weekend the way things are going.

Theres thousands of people travelling all over the place every day..restrictions wer lifted on monday..how can they stop us?

1 hour ago, Justbeanz said:

Not been funny but how many people travel into london every day on tube ,protests work music etc etc , 3000 of us is about 0.1% of what goes to london every day . 

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Theres thousands of people travelling all over the place every day..restrictions wer lifted on monday..how can they stop us?

By telling clubs not to issue away tickets. Granted you can still travel n go on the waz if ya want. Probably best bet in fairness.

5 minutes ago, morganowl said:

Not been funny but how many people travel into london every day on tube ,protests work music etc etc , 3000 of us is about 0.1% of what goes to london every day . 

They're going to earn a living mate not for a waz up n a footie match.

They let 60k into Wembley BEFORE current restrictions were lifted. People came from all over the country. 

the week before they let tens of thousands of sweaty socks descend on london. 

3k max wednesday fans not allowed tho ???

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

I’m glad that some of you muppets think that you still need to follow the stupid unlawful and unenforceable rules after they were removed on 19th July

Less competition for a ticket 

Edited by REDAs_biG_piECE