Cooper leaves swans - General Football Chat - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Cooper leaves swans

ANDY

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

This is awful news for Swansea, this guy is one of the upcoming managers of the game. 

Is he, why’s that?

I rate him as a manager but he’s got out at the right time. They’ve lost Ayew who is a cut above championship level and their budget is on it’s way down further. It’ll be harder for him to have them in the Top 6 again this season. Be interesting to see where he ends up next. Think he would’ve been a good choice for Palace or Fulham TBH?

23 minutes ago, Jim said:

I rate him as a manager but he’s got out at the right time. They’ve lost Ayew who is a cut above championship level and their budget is on it’s way down further. It’ll be harder for him to have them in the Top 6 again this season. Be interesting to see where he ends up next. Think he would’ve been a good choice for Palace or Fulham TBH?

Was linked with palace before Viera. 

Bit strange for a club to sack a manager at this time, so not sure if he's walked? 

Guest T Hardy
On 21/07/2021 at 20:52, Mcguigan said:

Is he, why’s that?

I don’t rate him at all.. as a Wednesday fan from Leeds I felt the rivalry with Leeds as much as with Sheff U.. (hard to say 2 divisions apart I feel it now) nearly all my mates are Leeds fans. When they were in the same division as us a lot of them saw us as their biggest local rival. I didn’t want Leeds to get promoted and I remember when they got a last minute goal against Cooper’s Swansea.. Swansea just played for a draw and I’ll always hold him responsible for letting Leeds have that crucial win which effectively got them over the line.. lol