Most intimidating match day experience you've had? - Page 2 - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Most intimidating match day experience you've had?

Guest OwlPastie

Guest OwlPastie
1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Your probably right. We went drinking in the west end after and I’d have only been 17 in ‘75.

You're knicked. Underage drinking, fell into the secret Owlstalk undercover op. 

Birmingham away, can’t remember the year but when it used to be segregated by a white wall  either side of the away fans exit. Just remember everything and anything getting chucked over the top of fence. Eventually you could filter out into Birmingham but that was another adventure. Was followed in towards their centre heading towards the bull ring. Luckily enough there was a lot of Wednesday fans that joined a small group and we managed to out number the brummies. Was a top class weekend tbh in the end. 

• Like 1

Southend away … late 70s/ early 80s….. not Southend fans …. But it was August bank holiday weekend and half of the east end of London was there ….Frightening scenes all over …. In them days tho … Wednesdays mob was up for it …. Was like quadrophenia on the sea front and just carried on in the ground ………

Yep, Birmingham away in 1985. We won 2-0 and afterwards a large group of Wednesday fans were ambushed on the way to New Street. 'Sheffield scum get out of Brum' was the tuneful little ditty a group of about two hundred of em serenaded us with, as well as some broken house bricks from a nearby demolition site. Old Bill nowhere to be seen of course. 

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

One time I had some Millwall fans trying to find me, can’t on earth remember why but basically was in toilet next minute about 5 of them come in, and they’re going ‘I can’t wait to find that Ellis Rimmer, I’m going to batter him etc’ luckily they didn’t know what I looked like.

so I went to wash my hands and the leader of their gang starts hassling me, he’s asking if I know Ellis Rimmer, then he wants to know who I am. I was crapping myself so gave him a fake name-Dorian, a name I’ve always admired despite it being a bit girly.
He lets me go but then my phone rang! Millwall fan goes to me “give me your phone” and he’s trying to catch me out, he answers phone and goes “who are you looking for”. I was thinking if they say Ellis Rimmer I am truly a goner.

Luckily it’s my best friend who i once told I like the name Dorian to and he said “I am looking for Dorian” and so Millwall left me to go on my way.

I can vouch for this he was almost crying on the phone

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Millwall away in the league cup ‘75ish.  Absolutely terrifying.  

1 hour ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Tuesday night Cup game?

Thinking on that would be more '77

57 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Your probably right. We went drinking in the west end after and I’d have only been 17 in ‘75.

Just checked and it was 27th October 1976

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

West Ham away 90/91 season

Chelsea away 90/91 season

Leicester away 90/91 season

All after the game.

Plus the 4-4 in the cup that season. 

Chelsea game we came back with the back window missing from the bus as they’d launched a brick through it

1 minute ago, andrew1974 said:

Chelsea game we came back with the back window missing from the bus as they’d launched a brick through it

I went on one of two coaches laid on by the George and Dragon ( Mosborough) for the Chelsea game. I was on the one that didn’t get its windows put through. I nearly got a brick on my head getting back to the coach though. Coach was bricked by Leicester on the way home as well as debris being launched after the game.

West Ham away got naughty, no bricks though, well not what I saw.

It would have to be the first football match I took the wife to.   I took her to Rome on our wedding anniversary.

Romance was in the air and then I decided to buy some dodgy tickets to see Lazio v Roma.   We ended up near the Lazio ultras.  Total nutters and chanted vociferously all match.  Police stayed outside the ground all match. 

My wife has not been to a football match since and isn’t keen!

I loved it.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Yep, Birmingham away in 1985. We won 2-0 and afterwards a large group of Wednesday fans were ambushed on the way to New Street. 'Sheffield scum get out of Brum' was the tuneful little ditty a group of about two hundred of em serenaded us with, as well as some broken house bricks from a nearby demolition site. Old Bill nowhere to be seen of course. 

Yes, the old Zulus gonna get yer chant was popular that day.

20 minutes ago, andrew1974 said:

Crystal Palace around '77/78

Had every window down both sides of the coach smashed.

Traveling back up the M1 at 60mph with no windows and the snow blowing in.

Good times🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

One time I had some Millwall fans trying to find me, can’t on earth remember why but basically was in toilet next minute about 5 of them come in, and they’re going ‘I can’t wait to find that Ellis Rimmer, I’m going to batter him etc’ luckily they didn’t know what I looked like.

so I went to wash my hands and the leader of their gang starts hassling me, he’s asking if I know Ellis Rimmer, then he wants to know who I am. I was crapping myself so gave him a fake name-Dorian, a name I’ve always admired despite it being a bit girly.
He lets me go but then my phone rang! Millwall fan goes to me “give me your phone” and he’s trying to catch me out, he answers phone and goes “who are you looking for”. I was thinking if they say Ellis Rimmer I am truly a goner.

Luckily it’s my best friend who i once told I like the name Dorian to and he said “I am looking for Dorian” and so Millwall left me to go on my way.

FACKINMELT😜

• Haha 1

Newcastle away 84, a crucial win for Wednesday and all the coaches went back through Newcastle town centre. We drove past thousands lining the street with bricks flying everywhere and blokes well into their 70s giving us the reverse Churchill sign. Great days!

• Like 1