New Signing - Welcome Dennis Adeniran - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

New Signing - Welcome Dennis Adeniran

There are no guarantees in football of course, but I've got a good feeling about Adeniran.

He was decent enough in the Championship, and with plenty of scope for further improvement, could prove to be a very astute signing.

To be honest, I'd have been happy to sign him had we stayed up, so I'm definitely pleased we've managed to sign him given we're in League One.

I can only assume Darren Moore has played a big part in attracting him to the club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Is he any good? What position does he play?

I don’t really know much about him.

Centre mid. Was on loan at Wycombe last season.

From what I saw he looks a bit raw, but he's pretty rangy covering the ground, gets some decent tackles or interceptions in, and isn't afraid of the odd burst forwards.

With consistent game time in League One, he has the potential to develop into a very handy player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I genuinely think DC has woken up and has changed the way he intends to run the club (or maybe I'm just really hoping that's the case).

Youth, pace and power with a mix of experience and technical quality and we could have a decent season. 

Uto 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I’m hugely excited by this signing and hope it’s just the start of the rebuild. He was more than good enough for championship football, great age, great attributes and will only get better. 

If DM can pull off transfers like this I’m really keen to see who’s next. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Centre mid. Was on loan at Wycombe last season.

From what I saw he looks a bit raw, but he's pretty rangy covering the ground, gets some decent tackles or interceptions in, and isn't afraid of the odd burst forwards.

With consistent game time in League One, he has the potential to develop into a very handy player.

Cheers pal, sounds positive.

• Like 1