Big step towards settling things at SWFC... - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Big step towards settling things at SWFC...

It's good news if the players still under contract have been paid, as it prevents them walking away for nothing. In terms of short-term priorities, that simply had to be number one.

However, the worry remains that if those who've now left the club remain unpaid, they have nothing to lose by opening proceedings against the club, which could yet see us hit with a points deduction.

• Like 2

I just hope DC doesn’t see this as the “new normal”

Will it happen again?

Not a good draw to the club for any potential signing that has options from others.

Edited by NobbyStyle
Typo

2 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I just hope and pray that the money is coming from a good source, all above board and not putting Wednesday in any further danger.

This is the problem DC has put himself in this position where these are legitimate concerns. He’s got a long way to go to build up any trust and faith with most fans.

Try to be positive its a start though.

Guest mrbluesky
5 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

He didn't get the points deduction for spending too much either.

He got the points deduction for getting too creative doing creative accounting.

Because he'd spent too much money lol 

1 minute ago, alan48 said:

Any further news on the  'creative accounting ' - are we going to be docked points again for late delivery ?

Strictly speaking the accounts are not late, more concerned about what is actually in them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would be so happy if the Circus of the last few years just stopped. I’d love DC to sell us to an owner who knows how to run a club, but if he is staying (and I haven’t seen any sign that he isn’t) just getting things on a even keel and disappearing into the background would do for now!

• Like 2