A few photos I took in the 70's and 80's - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

A few photos I took in the 70's and 80's

The sunny day at Hillsborough….

I would say looking at the gait of the players is Mike Lyons leading us out and John Pearson following behind

Lyons used to charge onto the pitch What a leader

i notice the little Shhhhhh scoreboard isn’t there that should give you a clue of year

Absolutely love photos like this. Thanks for posting mate Great them 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, owler66 said:

The bottom one I'd say the last home match and lap of honour after promotion in 84 the goal nets are from that period 

I think your right

Which means the sunny day one can’t be the Forest game because there is no score board but there is on the bottom one 🕵️♀️ 

2 minutes ago, Basement Jack said:

I think your right

Which means the sunny day one can’t be the Forest game because there is no score board but there is on the bottom one 🕵️♀️ 

That scoreboard was put there around 83 don't ask me what I did last week 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, owler66 said:

That scoreboard was put there around 83 don't ask me what I did last week 😂

Funny what you remember isn’t it 😁

Dont ask me why but I always remember it being on the scoreboard regarding stopping smoking

it said ….

Low Tar ?  No Ta I don’t smoke 

it used to scroll round and always made me smile😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, owler66 said:

I'd say the second from bottom is Middlesbrough home start of the 82-83 season won 3-1

I was pretty sure it was the Forest game but you may well be right, it seems strange that fans are packed into the corner.  Have already sent a PM to bearwood owl saying it IS the Forest game so feel a little foolish now.  My memory isn't as good as I thought!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I was pretty sure it was the Forest game but you may well be right, it seems strange that fans are packed into the corner.  Have already sent a PM to bearwood owl saying it IS the Forest game so feel a little foolish now.  My memory isn't as good 

Lyons is running out wearing white socks, blue socks started in 83 -84

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Attached are some photos I took in the 70's and 80's which might (!) be of interest.

The four lads are at Plymouth Argyle in, I think 1978, Rodger Wylde scored, again I think.  I'm the one  showing the t shirt which I got from a shop at the top of the Moor (Sexy Rexy??).

The neon sign is about 1972.

The two little lads with the caps concentrating on the game are on the front row of the North stand.

The one with the West Stand is the first game back in the First Division against Forest (3-1)

The final one I'm not sure about but I'm not in my usual place, it's taken from the North stand. I think it's the first game after the League Cup win as I went there to take cine film of the Cup being paraded.

Hope someone might be slightly interested!

Plymouth, neon, crowd.jpg

Hillsborough x 2.jpg

Great photos

7 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Attached are some photos I took in the 70's and 80's which might (!) be of interest.

The four lads are at Plymouth Argyle in, I think 1978, Rodger Wylde scored, again I think.  I'm the one  showing the t shirt which I got from a shop at the top of the Moor (Sexy Rexy??).

The two little lads with the caps concentrating on the game are on the front row of the North stand.

The one with the West Stand is the first game back in the First Division against Forest (3-1)

The final one I'm not sure about but I'm not in my usual place, it's taken from the North stand. I think it's the first game after the League Cup win as I went there to take cine film of the Cup being paraded.

Hillsborough x 2.jpg

Brilliant!!!

8 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Hillsborough x 2.jpg

Brilliant..the 2 typing lad could have been me. Similar age at that time and I had the same hat. Thanks for sharing