José Mourinho sacked? - Page 2 - General Football Chat - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

José Mourinho sacked?

owl_83

Long term I don't think he is a good fit for them, some of the negative performances this season have been poor results due to a poor approach.

But, they brought him in to specifically win trophies and on Sunday they have the chance to do so for the first time in well over a decade. It may not be pretty to watch but he has led them to a victory against City already this season, you would think they have a better chance of winning the League Cup final with him in charge than with someone else who has only had a few days in charge. 

Seems something must have gone off - could maybe understand him being sacked next week - especially if they lose the final

But now?

Doesn't make any sense

Whether it was opposition to the ESL - but something definitely not right

I don’t get all this chat of Mourinho still being a viable option for a lot of big clubs. What are they getting from him? Yes he’s won a lot, but at clubs where it’s part of their fabric to win. 

I don’t think he can replicate that at lesser clubs. So what are you getting from him, negative tactics, awful man management. Not much really is it? 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t get all this chat of Mourinho still being a viable option for a lot of big clubs. What are they getting from him? Yes he’s won a lot, but at clubs where it’s part of their fabric to win. 

I don’t think he can replicate that at lesser clubs. So what are you getting from him, negative tactics, awful man management. Not much really is it? 

Chelsea hadn’t won much, Inter were playing second fiddle also. But he seems to have had his day 

7 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Levy giving Spurs fans a big shiny piece of hype to Tweet about other than the Super League.

Why would they want to divert attention away from the super league? It's totally mystifying why they're in it in the first place. They should be celebrating the fact that they're included at all.

Not won the league in 60 years and won one more league cup than Wednesday since 1991.

The least big, of any big club, ever.

While Bayern Munich, Ajax & others aren't even involved. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

that just shows how above their station spurs are, they are happy to jeopardise winning the league cup than leave their manager a week longer

Utterly bizarre. 

I am no fan of Mourinho really but Sky put his record in finals up earlier today - something like 12 wins from 14 finals reached. Spurs knew he wouldn't make them play their usual brand of football when they appointed him - they brought him in to stop them being nearly men and put a trophy in the cabinet - then sacked him when he was on the verge of doing so.