Alex Scott To Be New Presenter Of Football Focus - General Football Chat - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Alex Scott To Be New Presenter Of Football Focus

BIG D

Seen a lot of it on twitter.

People saying that they would have preferred someone who had experience of playing at a high level in the mens game. You know, a bit like Dan Walker and Mark Chapman.

FF is worse when she isn't on it so I think she will be great.

• Like 3

Phew!

When I saw that Walker was stepping down, I had a horrible feeling that Jenas was being lined up for the role. Nothing against him, but he's a bit bland. 

I much prefer Scott - she talks well about the game, isn't scared of an opinion, and has a personality that's easy to warm to.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

So rather than wanting her opinion as a pundit they just want her there looking pretty and asking the pundits questions 

Tbf, Gary Lineker offers his analysis on occasions too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Phew!

When I saw that Walker was stepping down, I had a horrible feeling that Jenas was being lined up for the role. Nothing against him, but he's a bit bland. 

I much prefer Scott - she talks well about the game, isn't scared of an opinion, and has a personality that's easy to warm to.

Hes from Nottingham...not known for their sense of humour.

23 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, Gary Lineker offers his analysis on occasions too. 

Yeh on occasions but she’s going to be the question asker not answerer, she can chime in occasionally but at the end of the day she’s been put in the job that they usually have none footballers in. She’s becoming a tv host not a football expert 

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Alex Scott is a good pundit / presenter and being easy on the eye helps as well.

But I think she is in danger of being over exposed, seems to pop up everywhere.

The new Claire Balding you mean?

• Like 3