TOP 3 ACTORS - Movies and TV - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

TOP 3 ACTORS

I've had to split it out;

All time male:-

Denzel Washington

Robert De Niro - Forgetting the stream of garbage he's been in the last 15-20 years he's my favourite

Jack Nicholson

Shout out to Paul Newman and Spencer Tracy. I just couldn't not pick the other three.

Current male:-

Mahershala Ali

Ed Norton

Bryan Cranston

Shout out to Brad Pitt. He's become pretty great.

All time female:-

Meryl Streep

Frances McDormand

Helena Bonham-Carter

Current female:-

Lupita Nyong'o

Jennifer Lawrence

Maisie WIlliams

• Like 1

Top female of all time

Kathy Bates

Judi Dench

Julie Andrews

Top male of all time

Robert De Niro

Joe Pesci

Tom Hanks

Really wanted to put Daniel Day Lewis and Alan Rickman in here but will stick to the rules. 

Current top 3 female

Olivia Coleman

Saoirse Ronan

Jodie Comer

Current top 3 male

Sam Rockwell

Leonardo Di Caprio

Jim Carrey - he's done some terrible stuff I hate, but Hanks aside, he's probably in more films I like than any other actor.

3 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

The actor that played Fred Elliot on Corrie. He was actually very well spoken in real life, amazing acting.

di caprio

Matthew mcconaughey

I say now then, Ellis, now then

image.png.80369a248c27f481397abc1dcf8dd165.png

• Haha 1

On 15/04/2021 at 11:17, Adem Poric said:

I've had to split it out;

All time male:-

Denzel Washington

Robert De Niro - Forgetting the stream of garbage he's been in the last 15-20 years he's my favourite

Jack Nicholson

Shout out to Paul Newman and Spencer Tracy. I just couldn't not pick the other three.

Current male:-

Mahershala Ali

Ed Norton

Bryan Cranston

Shout out to Brad Pitt. He's become pretty great.

All time female:-

Meryl Streep

Frances McDormand

Helena Bonham-Carter

Current female:-

Lupita Nyong'o

Jennifer Lawrence

Maisie WIlliams

Jennifer Lawrence and Maisie Williams are awful. 

3 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Jennifer Lawrence and Maisie Williams are awful. 

Disagree with that, Lawrence is good in the Hunger Games series, in Joy and although not really my thing, I'm told she's good in X-men films as well. 

Hanks, grew up watching his films and just love him just about every movie he's ever done. Loved Turner and Hooch and Big as a kid. 

Di Caprio, wasn't a fan due to not really liking titanic but over the years he's been incredible. He's lead for one of my top movies ever, Inception. His performance in Wolf on Wall Street is just epic. 

Denzel Washington, love most of his films standout ones being Man on Fire, training Day, Flight, American gangster and more. 

Just now, mozzy85 said:

Hanks, grew up watching his films and just love him just about every movie he's ever done. Loved Turner and Hooch and Big as a kid. 

Di Caprio, wasn't a fan due to not really liking titanic but over the years he's been incredible. He's lead for one of my top movies ever, Inception. His performance in Wolf on Wall Street is just epic. 

Denzel Washington, love most of his films standout ones being Man on Fire, training Day, Flight, American gangster and more. 

Female actors

Claire Danes, astounding actress in Homeland, really believe every emotion she is going through. On season 4 at the moment so hoping she keeps up the level of performance until season 8. 

Lena Hedley - Just for the role of Cercei, I think she plays the character to an absolute T, wish the last season hadn't been so poo but especially season 6 she was phenomenal. 

Left field one here is Ashley Johnson who plays Ellie in The Last of Us video games. I know its a different medium and some of you might not be aware of the games but they are basically a 12-15 hour story being told and you are just along for the ride. Ashley's performance in both games is amazing. Those are games are better than most films.