A little bit jealous - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

A little bit jealous

12 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I caught a bit of an interview with the Barnsley CEO Dane Murphy tonight. The American chap.
Crikey, there's a man with a plan.

A well thought out one too, that he's only to keen to share with the club supporters. Total transparency.

He explained their operating model, how it's relative to the size of the club. How it's relative to where the club is in the football pecking order as well as where the club is geographically. 

The importance of knowing the support and the community they come from.

The importance of player turnover whilst still building around a core, of scouting the type of players to fit both the team and the business model. How they didn't want to lose Brown last year but the sale helped them strengthen other areas.

An adopted American but he spoke with a real verve and passion for the club, and made a lot of common sense points about how he's running things.

I admit to feeling rather jealous of Barnsley having this on the ball forward thinking young man involved in their club.

Is it a coincidence though that those sat in the top six always appear to be doing well lol  I mean we always believed in Chansiri  three/four  years ago !

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

To think that they only stayed in this division due to Wigan's points deduction and snatching injury time winners in the last 2 games including away at Brentford on the last day, who'd have been in the PL now with a win. 

There's always that one team who suddenly burst from utter mediocrity one year to having a great season the next. But it's never us... 

• Like 1

I heard the interview and thought he came across as most intelligent with obvious business acumen. The difference between him and,shall we say other owners,/Chairmen,is that he seems to have invested himself in the local community with an understanding and mutual aspirations. 

• Like 1

I hear you Snoots.

The only person who can't see where our owner is going wrong is the man himself.

It was clear even when we were doing well on the pitch. Think it was after he sacked Pulis and the long presser after that in which he said something along the lines of it was impossible to have a long term plan or strategy in football after nearly 6 years of needing one. He will never learn.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I caught a bit of an interview with the Barnsley CEO Dane Murphy tonight. The American chap.
Crikey, there's a man with a plan.

A well thought out one too, that he's only to keen to share with the club supporters. Total transparency.

He explained their operating model, how it's relative to the size of the club. How it's relative to where the club is in the football pecking order as well as where the club is geographically. 

The importance of knowing the support and the community they come from.

The importance of player turnover whilst still building around a core, of scouting the type of players to fit both the team and the business model. How they didn't want to lose Brown last year but the sale helped them strengthen other areas.

An adopted American but he spoke with a real verve and passion for the club, and made a lot of common sense points about how he's running things.

I admit to feeling rather jealous of Barnsley having this on the ball forward thinking young man involved in their club.

Should never of rolled over and clapped while chansiri stuck elephants round Hillsborough and stood clapping for a king thousands of miles away with no conne tion to swfc. 

He forced his culture on your club instead of embracing your clubs culture. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Should never of rolled over and clapped while chansiri stuck elephants round Hillsborough and stood clapping for a king thousands of miles away with no conne tion to swfc. 

He forced his culture on your club instead of embracing your clubs culture. 

Alright pipe down mate, come back when you've got 4 league titles

On the Barnsley owner anybody could see what a great guy he is in the movie 'Moneyball'

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, alanharper said:

To think that they only stayed in this division due to Wigan's points deduction and snatching injury time winners in the last 2 games including away at Brentford on the last day, who'd have been in the PL now with a win. 

There's always that one team who suddenly burst from utter mediocrity one year to having a great season the next. But it's never us... 

Weren't Barnsley in the bottom 3 all season until  extra time in the final game.

Hell of a turn around this season.