Pulis vs Moore - Page 4 - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Pulis vs Moore

13 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

But the performances haven't won us points? 

Is that all we are really bothered about playing "better football" 
We all ideally want nice football in a successful side but we're still not picking up points.

And fair play to Pulis for the home-truths about this bunch of so called players.

What Moore and Smith have said is a load of Media bull**** for example the games Smith were in charge of and Sky was asking him about the game "It's not a must win game" 
When of course it is. 

No, if it continues after this season Id want to replace him, but at this point any sign of being a better team will have to do. 

• Haha 1

I feel a lot more optimistic having Moore in charge than Pulis, that appointment was a disaster as soon as it was announced.

Marmite character with outdated tactics, there was nothing to get excited about.

Moore has come in and while the results haven't been there, you can see an identity and way that he wants to get us playing. 

Fills me with much more confidence and hopefully he'll be given the resources to build a team that better suits how he wants us playing and I'm optimistic he'll do well here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

This notion that Pulis was sold a dud is rubbish

Hes one of the most experienced football managers about with a bible of contacts. You think he wouldn’t have known what was going on here? 

He tried to save a sinking ship and failed miserably 

Completely agree.

If you think Pulis was fooled into the job you're off your rocker, he knew exactly what he was getting himself into.

• Like 1

Had Chansiri been genuinely interested in taking advantage of the transfer window, Pulis had both the reputation and connections that would tempt some experienced players to come here and fight.

Despite staring losses associated with relegation in the face, Chansiri was uninterested in investing to ensure our survival. He's either a moron, or skint. Probably both.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, 0742 said:

The main  difference is that Pulis is a prîck. Moore seems an affable chap.

If that is the main difference then there is not too much reason to hold on to Moore....my dad's an affable chap and a Wednesdayite since the 50s. I'm sure he'd love to have a go at being the manager and seems, by this criteria, to be more than adequately qualified.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whatever Moore does or doesn't do...... Pulis was an abject failure! Let it go ffs! Didn't work Moore is ATM too far the other way need to not mess around at the back. However one tries to score goals the other tried to brick up the goals. The LACK OF GOALS is why we are going down so Pulis was a disaster. Moore is disappointing nieve and it hasn't helped but at least with him you can see a way forward maybe not this season but an idea of a style I'd want to actually pay to watch. Pulis was painful ineffective dross.

7 minutes ago, bobness said:

Had Chansiri been genuinely interested in taking advantage of the transfer window, Pulis had both the reputation and connections that would tempt some experienced players to come here and fight.

Despite staring losses associated with relegation in the face, Chansiri was uninterested in investing to ensure our survival. He's either a moron, or skint. Probably both.

Yeah the January transfer window relegated us.

Again that’s on Captain Chaos. Like you say either skint, stupid or deluded thinking we had enough to stay up. A mixture of all three. 

3 hours ago, parajack said:

The football isnt 'better' mate....there is little point to pass pass pass if you lose.....i wouldn't pay to watch such,and anyone who thinks differently, obviously doesn't watch much PL football.Cos its full of long ball.....YES theres passing around as well...(obviously!) skill level is much higher, but the notion of passing everywhere is not based on the English game at all.

PHILOSOPHY  was brought in by a glut of foreign coaches,many used to playing in much hotter climates where  the ball play had to be slower..

Somehow its now become 'football' and everything else 'hoofball' 

We are creating more chances and having more shots on target under Moore and, QPR aside, our defence has been no worse. We have more possession under Moore. Although I agree with you that possession for possession’s sake is pointless, we have more chance of scoring if we have the ball and less chance of conceding if our opponents don’t have the ball. Pulis teams conceded possession and territory and tried not to concede for 90mins. Remember, it’s much harder to create than to destroy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah the January transfer window relegated us.

Again that’s on Captain Chaos. Like you say either skint, stupid or deluded thinking we had enough to stay up. A mixture of all three. 

"I just can't believe my family has let me down. Now I know how dad must feel"

:Chansiri:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can't take the OP seriously.

Honestly progression under Pulis zero

plan under Pulis none

We may not be getting instant results under Moore fair enough

but you can see the game plan and the way he's wanting to take us

just in the matches he's been here.

If you can't see the quality of football has radically changed from

Pulis non event football to at least trying to pass and attack your blind.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bluewings said:

Can't take the OP seriously.

Honestly progression under Pulis zero

plan under Pulis none

We may not be getting instant results under Moore fair enough

but you can see the game plan and the way he's wanting to take us

just in the matches he's been here.

If you can't see the quality of football has radically changed from

Pulis non event football to at least trying to pass and attack your blind.

Tony Pulis 10 games in charge - 7 points.

Darren Moore 9 games in charge - 7 points.

Improvement? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The players are crap, but at least Moore is trying to work with them and improve them. Thankless task, as they're f*cking useless.

Pulis didn't even bother trying. Said they weren't good enough and then decided he wanted out.

• Like 2

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Tony Pulis 10 games in charge - 7 points.

Darren Moore 9 games in charge - 7 points.

Improvement? 

Short term and points wise nope.

Moore needs time, our problem is we want instant results and it doesn't always happen.

We need to build from scratch with a game plan and purpose.

The mistake we did is getting Pulis at all, we should have just gone straight for Moore

and we could have given him more time to implement a plan here to give us more chance of

staying up or better still giving us something to build on in the future.

Pulis will only ever get you so far playing anti football.

I don't blame Pulis at all, I blame Chansiri for relegation, the not setting on a manager till after

the January window, for the points deduction etc bloke has been a farce.

The one thing I think has come out of this season that we can be happy about is Darren Moore tbh, someone at

the helm who hopefully can build something for us all.

Neither have done great have they?

However, in Moore's defence, the 5-0 win over Cardiff was one of the best performances I've seen from us in years. Pulis' 2-0 defeat to Huddersfield was one of the worst I can remember.

Pulis is the sort of manager you 'tolerate' because he grinds out results. If the football is terrible and the results are also terrible, then he's not got a lot going for him

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bluewings said:

Short term and points wise nope.

Moore needs time, our problem is we want instant results and it doesn't always happen.

We need to build from scratch with a game plan and purpose.

The mistake we did is getting Pulis at all, we should have just gone straight for Moore

and we could have given him more time to implement a plan here to give us more chance of

staying up or better still giving us something to build on in the future.

Pulis will only ever get you so far playing anti football.

I don't blame Pulis at all, I blame Chansiri for relegation, the not setting on a manager till after

the January window, for the points deduction etc bloke has been a farce.

The one thing I think has come out of this season that we can be happy about is Darren Moore tbh, someone at

the helm who hopefully can build something for us all.

So why were people wanting instant results under Pulis?

Confused. Surely he should have been allowed time to get it right and recruit his own players?