Bannan’s thoughts on Wildsmith save - Page 16 - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Bannan’s thoughts on Wildsmith save

4 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Come on now, you are in every man of the match thread campaigning for Bannan. But you never vote for him.

lol

Really?

If I haven’t seen the game I don’t vote and for the Cardiff game I actually voted for Windass but I’m the obsessed one. Carry on

lol

13 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

You need to re visit the game 

and the MoM thread for the game most voters gave him a 9 or 10 out of 10 , one even said he was 15 out of ten .

That was in a run of 3 consecutive MoM awards .

No i don't. I don't give 2 hoots about how someone else rated him. He's in the championship, he and no other player would be playing in the championship if they were brilliant. Does playing 3 decent balls in the Cardiff game equate to a brilliant performance, its that your used to his awful performances so when he has a decent game it gets exaggerated 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Philb125 said:

In the season we finished 4th, what were his stats? Games, assists, goals? Keen to understand what you define as a key player? 

He made 90 appearances in the two seasons we finished in the top 6. Do you think we were carrying him? 

9 hours ago, Philb125 said:

In the season we finished 4th, what were his stats? Games, assists, goals? Keen to understand what you define as a key player? 

He was 12th in the entire division for assists that season, the highest Wednesday player and only 3 players above him in the list were central/attacking midfield player. That's what I define as a key player. 

Good enough for you? 

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He made 90 appearances in the two seasons we finished in the top 6. Do you think we were carrying him? 

Really? Maybe my memory failing me. I thought in the second play off season Bannan was a bit part player. I’ll have to take your word for it. 

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He was 12th in the entire division for assists that season, the highest Wednesday player and only 3 players above him in the list were central/attacking midfield player. That's what I define as a key player. 

Good enough for you? 

I thought he’d only played half the games that season. Good going if he was right up there. My memory isn’t what it was mind so maybe he played all of them. 

Just now, Philb125 said:

Really? Maybe my memory failing me. I thought in the second play off season Bannan was a bit part player. I’ll have to take your word for it. 

You don't have to take my word for it, you are free to look for yourself. I was at most games home and away though, I'm not making it up.

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I thought he’d only played half the games that season. Good going if he was right up there. My memory isn’t what it was mind so maybe he played all of them. 

43 league appearances in 2016/17. Only 3 central midfielders in the Championship with more assists that season.

Key player.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

43 league appearances in 2016/17. Only 3 central midfielders in the Championship with more assists that season.

Key player.

Was the following season he played a lot less. Stand corrected, I had thought he hadn’t been involved as much in the second season of play offs. You’re memory far outshines mine! Old age isn’t helping! 

Was the following season he played a lot less. Stand corrected, I had thought he hadn’t been involved as much in the second season of play offs. You’re memory far outshines mine! Old age isn’t helping! 

Catches up with us all eventually mate! 👴

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Catches up with us all eventually mate! 👴

Unfortunately true! Not just for you and I.... but Bannan, hutch, Westwood, Lees, Lee, all seen better days. Ah well. Maybe coming up through leagues unearths the next generation of talent for us to hero worship.

Unfortunately true! Not just for you and I.... but Bannan, hutch, Westwood, Lees, Lee, all seen better days. Ah well. Maybe coming up through leagues unearths the next generation of talent for us to hero worship.

Sadly our current recruitment team/advisors, whoever they may be, have never seen young lower league developing players as a good route, maybe relegation will force our hand in that respect.

I agree time has caught up with the players you mention and Bannan's best is probably behind him. I'd still like him to stay though, he is our best player, he is certainly not a true captain but he is a trier and he is very rarely injured. Also enjoying seeing Kieran Lee in great form would be great to welcome him back to Hillsborough next season even if it is for the opposition. I proper professional who had back luck with injuries but never got billy big time, just wanted to keep his head down and play.

Wildsmiths garbage. Utter garbage

Awful goalkeeping

Poor leadership from Bannan personally. I think thats wrong of a captain but thats just me and not how I lead when C, prefer to encourage

Never been a captain. Little man syndrome. Few flashes or brilliance but another who's having a woeful season

Somebody pull the plug mind .. absolutely awful this term!

Edited by Hack-Abusi

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I’m fine, I’ve not once considered calling either of you an effin tw@t despite me having a differing viewpoint where I think all abuse is bad and not just the abuse I choose to be offended by. 

lol

Relax.... chilllllll

Owlstalk Shop