Chey Dunkley could make the last few games - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Chey Dunkley could make the last few games

Darren Moore says Dunkley is the most likely to feature in the run in

Chey Dunkley is probably the most likely to get back in and around it. If he can keep on developing in the next two or three weeks, then he could be back with the group before the end of the season.

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, shandypants said:

He should be nowhere near the team given how he performed the last time he came back from injury. He needs a full preseason to get into the groove IMHO. 

I’d be looking more at him for next season. May be a big player in a lot of ways should we get relegated?

• Like 6

Guest wilyfox

We shouldn’t rush him back. Pulis did that with him in December, and surprise surprise look what happened..

I think he's a decent player but he's never been fully fit and had a run in the side. He needs a preseason and a few games to get himself up to full match fitness and integrated into the defence. That doesn't come instantly, until it does he's an accident waiting to happen.

Stick with the existing defensive players unless they get injured

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

We shouldn’t rush him back. Pulis did that with him in December, and surprise surprise look what happened..

I'm with you. I think he's a good player based on what I saw before his injury at Wigan. Ease him in as back up for the current back three. There's bound to be injuries and hopefully him and Hutch  can cover between them.

After a full pre-season hopefully he'll be a key player next season.

Borner and Lees play well together. Leave them alone. Urhoghide has been good too. Leave him alone as well!

Dunkley being back is good if we need to cover for an injury or suspension. Other than that can we not fánny around with the defence please?!?