Chansiri blocked players from leaving Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Chansiri blocked players from leaving Sheffield Wednesday

Guest T Hardy

I’ve raised this before and was ridiculed, but I heard from a good source that Chansiri wanted between 6m-8m for Liam Palmer.

It’s so obvious without knowing that why we don’t sell players, our owner is an idiot and puts stupid unrealistic values on things. 

29 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

I’ve raised this before and was ridiculed, but I heard from a good source that Chansiri wanted between 6m-8m for Liam Palmer.

It’s so obvious without knowing that why we don’t sell players, our owner is an idiot and puts stupid unrealistic values on things. 

Christ that is worryingly hilarious if true.

Just to put a different slant on this interview......does anyone really believe that another championship club put in an offer to take Jones.......he’ll be saying next that they wanted Butterfield as well to create a title winning midfield 

British elite families used to send idiot sons into the church, or to some obscure colonial posting. Something that didn't matter, and got them out the way.

Perhaps the new Asian elites are sending the inadequate sons off with a (finite) stash of cash to play with European sports teams.

• Like 1

Guest hirstysfags
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Manager "You don't figure in my plans. You can leave the club and go further your career"

Chairman "Don't listen to hm - you're going nowhere"

Manager "But I've said I don't want him and told him to go"

Chairman "Nahhh.... he's staying"

Player "But I want to leave"

Chairman "Don't listen to this manager, the next manager might want you. You're staying"

Unreal

Is that exactly how it went?

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Just to put a different slant on this interview......does anyone really believe that another championship club put in an offer to take Jones.......he’ll be saying next that they wanted Butterfield as well to create a title winning midfield 

I heard that Bolton were in for him at one point.

It's not as if he was a no-hoper, is it? He'd been a Premier League regular for Burnley and had put in two seasons of solid if unspectacular performances for us in the Championship before Luhukay decided not to use him.

Staggering.

First of all the manager doesn't sign the players and we have no uniform system to which those players signed have to fit into.

A manager makes a decision (which is his job) not to play an individual, and does not see them as part of the plan 'he' has for the team. 

Said player then talks to the man who pays his wages, doesn't let him leave even though he's been told not wanted at the club. 

No wonder the club is in the state it is. 

Makes you wonder why DC even bothers with a manager if he is making decisions like this. What chance does anyone running the football side have at the club?

• Like 3

If it didn’t make any difference then monkey business like this would be a baffling waste of money but DC’s money and up to him. But it does make a difference. Why would a Chairman not take any opportunity to get any wages for unused players off the books given the FFP constraints? It’s beyond madness. 
As to the ongoing and equally baffling issue of managers freezing out players for no reason anyone can really understand then I am endlessly amazed that this is something that happens with such regularity. 
Shambles. 

Even just pragmatically, we know Jones was on good money while here, being an ex Prem player and in his 30s.

We could have easily put those wages into two younger players. Maybe both would have been unremarkable, but odds are both or at least one would have been more of an asset to the squad.

It's such a shame that DC vetoed his own manager. Regardless what you think of Luhukay, he had literally decades more experience in football than DC. 

• Like 3