Tammy Abraham - General Football Chat - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Tammy Abraham

This guy needs to leave Chelsea doesn't he? or he will just become another player this club ruin

He's actually their top scorer this year https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/top-scorers

Funny the 2nd top scorer is Giroux-another massively underrated player

I think if someone came in for Abraham they could get themselves a real bargain...could be the next top player Chelsea regret to let go

• Like 2

The game a few seasons ago against Bristol, he looked unplayable.  It was like watching Drogba at his peak, I am not sure our defence knew what to do with him.

He is a terrific player - Antonio struggles for fitness at West Ham, personally think if West Ham hold on in 4th they will move for Abraham, he would be very suited to them.

• Like 2

Just now, The only way is S6 said:

Made a career as a loanee, not unusual for a CFC player these last few years.

Talking of 'wasted' strikers; Pukki.  Why no big bucks offers from anyone in the PL?

Still doing it regularly with Norwich players supplying him. Imagine what he'd do with top players supplying him.

Yeh they loan you a few times while you’re a promising youth then just as you think you’re ready for the first team they tell you about another loan, and another, and another.

Some young players need to stop being so greedy and put their football first once they realise Chelsea just see them as a money maker.

Pukki is a good finisher but doesn’t seem to have much more to his game hence why no bigger clubs have come in for him?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

The game a few seasons ago against Bristol, he looked unplayable.  It was like watching Drogba at his peak, I am not sure our defence knew what to do with him.

He is a terrific player - Antonio struggles for fitness at West Ham, personally think if West Ham hold on in 4th they will move for Abraham, he would be very suited to them.

The 3-2 game, remember it well, slashed it down before KO.

He led Lees and Hutchinson a merry dance that game. 

Classic big club mentality. They don't really need him, but can easily afford to keep him, instead of letting the likes of West Ham etc make good use out of him and becoming a threat to the champions league spots...

what a p*sser that Bristol, Villa etc had him on loan in this league.

The loans we have had from Chelsea over the years were all absolute guff as far as I recall:

Leon Knight

Jimmy Smith

Izzy Brown

Ben Sahar

Hutchinson was good TBF

• Like 1

Yep, him, Hudson-Odoi and Loftus- Cheek have all done well for Chelsea and England, but they now seem to bit part players - usurped by big money foreign signings that haven't done as well as them - Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic and Werner for example.

I think it was Bayern that came in for Hudson-Odoi a couple of seasons ago, and fair play to the lad he wanted to go but Chelsea wouldn't let him.

Personally I would go abroad - doesn't seem to be doing Bellingham or Sancho any harm , let alone Tomori and even Chris Smalling and Ashley Young are Serie A regulars. 

There's life outside a nice fat premiership  reserves - loan out contract. Hopefully these Chelsea players will see others doing well and having a great life on the continent and consider it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

what a p*sser that Bristol, Villa etc had him on loan in this league.

The loans we have had from Chelsea over the years were all absolute guff as far as I recall:

Leon Knight

Jimmy Smith

Izzy Brown

Ben Sahar

Hutchinson was good TBF

Sahar was ok, scored a few and an important goal that kept us in the Championship, but I get what you mean. We’ve never managed to get anyone properly decent from them. The rest from Chelsea were and are pish 

On 08/04/2021 at 17:00, edinburghowl said:

Sahar was ok, scored a few and an important goal that kept us in the Championship, but I get what you mean. We’ve never managed to get anyone properly decent from them. The rest from Chelsea were and are pish 

Hector probably our best one

• Like 2