Bit concerned.. - Page 3 - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Bit concerned..

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

These Wednesday players have proved time and time again they will let you down 

First it was the not getting paid excuse 

Then too many matches in a short space of time. 

They started well under thompson they decided they'd play like amatures losing 7 games in a row 

2 wins in 11 games and now people believe we can win 5 or 6 games in a row to stay up 

It's delusional thinking at this point

We’re a better team than what we’ve shown though. I think we’re about 10 points below where we’d be had chairman and managers got the most basic of decisions right this season. If we’d had a decent manager all season i think we’d be somewhere like 15th.

Think how many games we’ve wasted by not playing a striker, playing one up, playing people out of position, playing Pulis ball. It’s a lot, and we’ve rarely seen any benefit to it.. most of the wins have been in games where the manager has put the players that fans have called for on to the pitch. So it’s frustrating 

We can’t win all 7 games but we can win 4 or so and make it interesting.. it’s all down to whether someone above us implodes now at this point

It's not just that we have to have our best form of the last 5 seasons to stay up, but also that the teams above us have to have really bad runs at the same time. Is it possible, yes but it is highly unlikely.

It would however be nice for us to make a decent fist of it to give us some hope for next se5.

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

^^^^^

This x 1,000,000,000%

The only person to blame for our predicament is DC.

Anyone who can't see this should have gone to Specsavers!

Yep let his buddy bring and build a sqaud of lightweight neat tidy footballers..... 

Then proceed until now to sign ultra defensive hoof ball managers unable to adapt to what's available to impose a style we don't have the players for. 

I give you Sheffields answer to dumb and dumber paxo & Dc. 

• Like 1

Rotherham are key as they have to play Coventry, Birmingham and Huddersfield 

Huddersfield have the harder run in of the teams around us but again they do have to play a couple of sides who might already be on the beach 

Edited by westy365owl

16 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We’re a better team than what we’ve shown though. I think we’re about 10 points below where we’d be had chairman and managers got the most basic of decisions right this season. If we’d had a decent manager all season i think we’d be somewhere like 15th.

Think how many games we’ve wasted by not playing a striker, playing one up, playing people out of position, playing Pulis ball. It’s a lot, and we’ve rarely seen any benefit to it.. most of the wins have been in games where the manager has put the players that fans have called for on to the pitch. So it’s frustrating 

We can’t win all 7 games but we can win 4 or so and make it interesting.. it’s all down to whether someone above us implodes now at this point

The league table shows exactly how good the players are 

I don't buy the managers and chansiri have cost us staying up 

Alot of these players have championship and Premier league experience 

They just choose not to turn up more than they do 

We've seen this time and time again 

Wednesday get a good result then go back to been rubbish for 5 games 

Managers and chairman don't step over the white line 

These players need to take responsibility 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Rotherham are key as they have to play Coventry, Birmingham and Huddersfield 

Huddersfield have the harder run in of the teams around us but again they do have to play a couple of sides who might already be on the beach 

those rotherham fixtures don't help us at all unless there are a shed load of draws in those games.

Said in another thread that I reckon 4 wins and 2 draws will do it to get to 49.  I really do think we will get favours from 2 of the other teams blowing up but I'm not convinced we will do enough to reach 49

Guest LondonOwl313
9 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

The league table shows exactly how good the players are 

I don't buy the managers and chansiri have cost us staying up 

Alot of these players have championship and Premier league experience 

They just choose not to turn up more than they do 

We've seen this time and time again 

Wednesday get a good result then go back to been rubbish for 5 games 

Managers and chairman don't step over the white line 

These players need to take responsibility 

It doesn’t help to have 4 managers.. and it’s annoying when Pulis, Thompson and Moore each come in and make mistakes that had already been made by their predecessors. 

If we’d played our best players in their best positions all season and we had 35 points I’d accept that but in more than half of games we’ve not done that. We’ve won 11 games and most of those games have had the same thing in common.. round pegs in round holes, usually Rhodes playing up front, not playing inverted wingers etc. Honestly think if we played the side that played yesterday all season we’d have more points

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

^^^^^

This x 1,000,000,000%

The only person to blame for our predicament is DC.

Anyone who can't see this should have gone to Specsavers!

Chansiri is very much to blame.

But Garry Monk really deserves the accolade of having our relegation on his CV. He very nearly achieved it last year but this years squad and mess is all down to him. Joke of a manager that has taken us (barring a miracle) to league one.

As I say I know Chansiri is to blame for this and am in no way excusing him but Monk is most deffo culpable 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

That people have started to believe. 

It's too far. It's too much to do. Coventry and Birmingham WILL pick up points. 

I just worry about the effect it will have if people get their hopes up and then they are dashed as usual by Wednesday. Assume we're down and then if by some miracle we stay up it'll be a pleasant surprise. 

I love the title of the thread "a bit concerned" Iv'e been stressed off my boobies since the start of the season, I will be relieved to get to the bit concerned stage 🥴

I don't think we have a chance of staying up, and relegation was always the likely outcome of this season.

We finished seven points above the drop zone last season, have had six points deducted this, and have a worse team now than last term.

What this outfit lacks is fight; people slag Pulis off but he was right.

If a team is bob it's only hope is to battle, and our lot don't have it in them.

That's why our record in the six-pointers is so bad.

We're going down.

44 minutes ago, Bakewell Owl said:

I love the title of the thread "a bit concerned" Iv'e been stressed off my boobies since the start of the season, I will be relieved to get to the bit concerned stage 🥴

In truth, I gave up on this season some months ago.

What worries me far more is the impending embargo.

Going down is bad enough, but having no chance of bouncing back before a ball is even kicked is shocking.

The EFL have gone too far this time in my opinion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Chansiri is very much to blame.

But Garry Monk really deserves the accolade of having our relegation on his CV. He very nearly achieved it last year but this years squad and mess is all down to him. Joke of a manager that has taken us (barring a miracle) to league one.

As I say I know Chansiri is to blame for this and am in no way excusing him but Monk is most deffo culpable 

I blame P&S as much as anything.

Chansiri had the money to get us into the PL, but unlike the parachute clubs he couldn't spend it as he wished.

Like Martin Samuel said, it's punishing ambition.

And before anyone replies "them's the rules", in the past they hanged a man for stealing a loaf of bread to feed his family.

Them were the rules back then, but it didn't make them just.

• Like 1

I'm not just been a negative doom monger but come on, we've been here before. Its just too typical of wednesday to thump someone 5-0 and play like Brazil against a top side and then play awful and lose the next game. 

If results go our way and we will the next 2 I'll start believing.

I’ve said it all along on here and to my mates that we just need to win 3 straight games sharpish to get back in with a chance and build momentum and believe it is possible.

I always thought we were capable of this, we generally finish seasons strong.

I think we can and will do it, fuckknows why but I do.

💙💪🦉

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’ve said it all along on here and to my mates that we just need to win 3 straight games sharpish to get back in with a chance and build momentum and believe it is possible.

I always thought we were capable of this, we generally finish seasons strong.

I think we can and will do it, fuckknows why but I do.

💙💪🦉

Totally didn't last season with Monk, we was like a brick in s swimming pool!

Agree tho, the Cardiff game has given us all optimism.

Last night proved with Huddersfield getting smashed there's teams as bad as us (think they have won 2 in 19?)

A last minute run and this could be possibly our greatest escape ever.

UTO.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Totally agree:-

Without a pot to pee in DC and Monk allowed us to start the season with 6 CBs and 1 striker

Managers kept our only striker in the stands until February

Managers fielded negative defensive formations

Managers failed/refused to see that inverted wingers/WBs were creating zero

This mess is self-inflicted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

I blame P&S as much as anything.

Chansiri had the money to get us into the PL, but unlike the parachute clubs he couldn't spend it as he wished.

Like Martin Samuel said, it's punishing ambition.

And before anyone replies "them's the rules", in the past they hanged a man for stealing a loaf of bread to feed his family.

Them were the rules back then, but it didn't make them just.

If Chansiri had the money to get us promoted, why hasn't he spent any over the last two/three years to improve training facilities, remove some paint from the West Stand, pay to use the pitch lamps as much as possible etc etc etc etc etc.

Why has he committed the entity that is Sheffield Wednesday to pay £3m+ per year on rent for a stadium he owns for the next couple of decades, why did he take a mortgage out against the ground etc etc etc.

There are none who are blind as those who choose not to see.

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Like 5