Yeovil Town Captain Dies Suddenly Aged 32 - General Football Chat - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Yeovil Town Captain Dies Suddenly Aged 32

Yeovil Town captain Lee Collins and former Barnsley player has been found dead at his home, at the age of 32. The National League club suspended its fixture against Altrincham on Friday after staff were left reeling by the discovery of his body on Wednesday.

No further information is available at this time.  RIP LEE COLLINS condolences to Family, Friends and Fans.

4 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

Desperate stuff ,death by hanging.

If only he could have found the strength to make a call.

If anyone knows someone who can fall into darkness give them a call ,spring is the commonest time for people to take thier lives

Indeed. 

Just beyond tragic. 

A 31 year old man, with a wife/kid, pretty much doing the dream career for so many young men and, for whatever reason, he's felt there was no way out. 

Timely reminder that mental health issues can hit people irrespective of their circumstances. 

9 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

I do wonder if sportsmen are more vulnerable. to this, cricket lost several fomer players a few years back.

I wonder if it's to do with pressure. Even at Yeovil's level there are still thousands of people judging your every professional move, your life is a lot more open to the public than other jobs. 

If I make a mistake at 5-a-side I usually think about it, can only imagine what I'd be like with other people commenting about it. 

Plus, lockdown has been devastating for mental health. Known somebody who has taken their own life because of it.