Garry Monk “there were a lot of things wrong at SWFC” - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Garry Monk “there were a lot of things wrong at SWFC”

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

“The only mistake I feel I’ve made in terms of the decision to take a job has been Sheffield Wednesday,” he said, “Because it’s the only one where I knew in my heart before I took it that there were a lot of things wrong there.

“I think the reason why I took it was because of all the bullshit that Dong (Xuandong Ren, the chief executive) had said at Birmingham about me, publicly. I thought, ‘I’ve got to get back in to prove that wrong’.”

So does that mean that Dong was right about him and his time at Hillsborough proves it?...I have no idea what was said about Monk btw

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

So does that mean that Dong was right about him and his time at Hillsborough proves it?...I have no idea what was said about Monk btw

Not sure but I thought the Birmingham chairman who slated him made a really weird choice when he decided to name his new baby after his favourite singer Bing Crosby

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He really wasn't

3rd -> 18th in 3 months last year. Deduction carried over as a result. We’ll see how significant that is if we’re relegated by less than 6pts.

9 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

Another manager who thinks things are wrong at the club having talked to Chansiri.....

He's just shifting the blame. He's hardly going to say "I had the team 3rd in the league but I was in charge while they poo'd the bed and eventually I got sacked after many months of incredibly disappointing results"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Yes Garry, you were one of those things.

Garry Monk - failed

Tony Pulis - failed

Neil Thompson - failed

Darren Moore - struggling

Yep you're right it's the managers that are all wrong and at fault, not the awful culture and mismanagement of the club that's to blame.....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Does a manager ever accept any blame? When he took the job he repeatedly said he didn’t have time to get his ideas across in training, we eventually found ourselves in 3rd, then Monk said himself he finally had time to put his ideas across, and we suddenly slipped to 18th? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1