It's way to early to say were down - Page 2 - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

It's way to early to say were down

Guest buster123

The next 2 weeks are key. Good quality work on the training ground as DM tries to get more of his ideas across.

I always felt we’d see some improvement after his first full uninterrupted week on the TG and even though the improvement hasn’t been drastic, it’s been there.

It’s unlikely that we’ll stay up but it’s never over until it’s over and I still think we have to give DM the benefit of the doubt as he strives hard to achieve the unlikely.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Huncho said:

I’ve seen teams lose 7 in a row, then go on to win the next 5. No one gave us a chance at Barnsley and we won. If it was a 12+ gap I’d be inclined to agree, but it’s six and this division is barking mad...nothing is predictable. 

Agreed,  will we stay up?  No.

But we do have the tools and the opportunity.  We showed on Saturday that we have players who can beat a playoff side (unbeaten in 12).  
Also we have a game in hand over Derby and still have to play them too. Win those two fixtures and we’d only be two points off Derby with 7 other games to get points from.  

We’re not staying up,  but I reckon we will give some teams a good game now Moore is settled in and players are responding to his coaching 

• Like 1

In life I'd consider myself an optimistic realist. Sh!t happens, I take a positive approach to dealing with it. No good comes from letting things you can't control dictate your mood, least of all football.

Of course, we have a chance, until its not mathematically possible........ As a "stats" man I have to say, all the evidence (and its strong) points to us dropping like a stone. We're akin to a skydiver who's jumped from 20,000ft and then realised he forgot to pack his parachute and is just hoping by some act of god or insane good fortune we land on a giant ball of cotton wool........

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Our run in does not look good:

Watford A

Cardiff H

QPR A

Bristol City H

Blackburn H

Middlesbrough A

Forest H

Derby A

We need to be winning all of our home games. What fixture am I missing? BBC only lists 8 remaining.

I thought we still had Swansea to play?

It's not too early at all - it would take a miracle for us to stay up. I admire those who cling on to hope, but all you're doing is delaying the inevitable disappointment. Embrace it now - it's easier in the long run...

10 minutes ago, cockneyvillageowl said:

it’s going in my diary for 5pm tomorrow. Wait, is that 5pm our time or yours? 

I'm going with UK time, but if you want to be generous it would be 11pm UK time if you use 5pm ours, but only until Sunday when your clocks go forward ( ours went forward 2 week ago).

Confused? You will be!

Edited by Utah Owl

Prior to Saturday I was genuinely thinking if we did stay up it would probably need to be investigated as it's it would be some turn around. I feel slightly more confidant after the performance and result on Saturday. More so for the long term future under Moore than staying up.

I think it'll be Wycombe, Rotherham and ourselves but we've given ourselves a glimmer, albeit small, of hope.