The Run-In - Page 4 - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

The Run-In

5 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Wanted Birmingham to win, I can't be doing with some sort of faint hope creeping back in again. The sooner it's confirmed the better.

Really?

People complain about the team being defeatist! 

Guest LondonOwl313
54 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

The reality is we are down, the likelihood is we need 6 wins from the last 8 games.     
It’s going to take a miracle now 

I think looking at the table it’s Coventry we’d need to catch now. If them and Rotherham carry on getting a point per game then 47 would be enough.. so 5 wins from 8.

Can’t see us doing that though obviously.. but Cardiff at home followed by QPR away are both winnable games in isolation. If we did beat both we’d go in to the last 6 games with a chance. But chances are receding every week

11 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Wanted Birmingham to win, I can't be doing with some sort of faint hope creeping back in again. The sooner it's confirmed the better.

A faint hope is better than no hope at all.

How can a Wednesday fan want the club to be relegated as soon as possible?

:ghoulguy:

3 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

The players fat lady sang a long time ago.
We might not give in, but the players have.

Morning mate,I agree with you. The only thing keeping me hopeful is the dire thought of Third Division football next season because,like many others,I've been there before and don't rate it at all.

• Love 1

The sad reality now is even if we somehow won all remaining 8 games, I wouldn’t put it past Coventry and Rotherham getting more than 11 points from their remaining fixtures.  

So it’s definitely over now,  it will be interesting to see what happens with Moore and players contracts in the next few weeks 

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

The sad reality now is even if we somehow won all remaining 8 games, I wouldn’t put it past Coventry and Rotherham getting more than 11 points from their remaining fixtures.

If such a miracle did happen, we'd finish with 56 points, so we'd almost definitely stay up. More realistically, I think the best we can hope for is to take at least 10 points from our next 5 games, 4 of which are at home. That would put us on 42 points with 3 games to go, and we might have an outside chance. Of course, it's highly unlikely, but you couldn't really ask for a better run-in - 5 home games v 3 away, and most of the teams will have nothing to play for and aren't in particularly good form (but not in such bad form that they're 'due a win'). (Incidentally, we picked up 12 points from the reverse fixtures (5 away and 3 home).)

2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

A faint hope is better than no hope at all.

How can a Wednesday fan want the club to be relegated as soon as possible?

:ghoulguy:

It's the hope that kills you mate.