Emma Hayes - AFC Wimbledon Reports an ‘Insult’ to Women’s football - Page 6 - General Football Chat - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Emma Hayes - AFC Wimbledon Reports an ‘Insult’ to Women’s football

0wl18

On 23/05/2021 at 08:59, sheriwozgod said:

It`s nice to see womens football growing but it`s the entitlement i can`t stomach.

We should have better facilities , media coverage etc ,   teams in the conference must fume at this , because , and I`m guessing here , their attendances and that of the WSL will be similar.

Help it grow by all means but lets not pretend it`s something it isn`t......................................The USA womens team..............essentially the best womens team in the world , played a warm up friendly a few years ago against FC Dallas`s U15,s boys team......................they lost  5 - 2.

I've nothing against women playing football but what gets me is this sense of entitlement that they should be treated as equals to the professional men's teams. The WSL teams only survive financially by hanging on the coat tails of the men's PL teams. They couldn't manage if standing alone.

Not long ago before the Man. Utd v Man. City game in the Women's not so Super League, Casey Stoney the Man. Utd coach was in the media moaning that it was a massive game and should be played at Old Trafford instead of their normal ground at Leigh. Manchester Utd caved in under pressure and allowed the game to be played at O.T.  An empty 70,000 stadium and a game that no one watched as it wasn't even on TV anywhere.

This is the same Man. Utd women's team that lost 9-0 to Salford F.C.'s boys team in a friendly a couple of years ago.

The football is rubbish. I've seen an England game and some WSL games live including Hayes's Chelsea (only because I was paid to be there) and the football is so slow and dull. 

By all means have women's football but please don't pretend it's anywhere near the standard of the men's game and of equal standing.

• Like 2

On 24/05/2021 at 13:08, FreshOwl said:

Part of the ITV team for the Euros

Brilliant, she'll be telling Southgate what he should be doing.

She's  never actually played the game at women's level. A skiing injury when 17 finished her hopes of playing.

What qualifies her to be an expert on men's international football.

Just a box ticking exercise by ITV , I'll be turning off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Brilliant, she'll be telling Southgate what he should be doing.

She's  never actually played the game at women's level. A skiing injury when 17 finished her hopes of playing.

What qualifies her to be an expert on men's international football.

Just a box ticking exercise by ITV , I'll be turning off.

I find it funny that she’d even accept it knowing she’s only there due to a box ticking exercise, and so the Karen’s don’t send complaints into ITV for having no women pundits 

On 21/07/2021 at 16:31, Pablo Bonvin said:

Still on the subject of women’s football, it’s started today at the Olympics. What about this result? I wondered at first if this was the kick off time…..

FEB41AE8-C1F8-463C-A16D-5C100FB4BE78.png

Some countries take women's football more seriously than others...