MCU - Movies and TV - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

MCU

5 minutes ago, Gparrish said:

Last two episodes have been superb. The format is interesting and I get the premise but the first three episodes didn't do anything for me really.

I agree, they pushed the first couple a bit too far but it has now become more interesting

Bit much for me now. 

I loved the MCU movies overall. Civil War was the peak for me, excellent movie. 

But being expected to follow 8-10 episode TV shows about B characters to keep up with the movies is too much for me. I don’t really like the Scarlett Witch or Vision characters enough to watch them for 4-5 hours and get through what I’d imagine is a good chunk of filler. 

I don’t think I can be bothered. 

48 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Bit much for me now. 

But being expected to follow 8-10 episode TV shows about B characters to keep up with the movies is too much for me. I don’t really like the Scarlett Witch or Vision characters enough to watch them for 4-5 hours and get through what I’d imagine is a good chunk of filler. 

The Avengers are B characters really. 

The main Marvel characters were traditionally Spiderman, Hulk, Fantastic Four + X Men, hence Marvel sold these film rights first and so when making their own films as these weren't available they made a go at it with B level characters like Ironman and Captain America and brought them through, even Hulk remained as more of a supporting character through the Avengers movies when they were allowed to use him.

This programme is an unexpected joy.

Watching Paul Bettany channelling ******** Van Dyke, Hugh Laurie, Bryan Cranston and then this week constantly playing with his non-existent hair like a baldy green robot Jim Halpert has been brilliant.

Elizabeth Olsen is just as good.  She has been through a bewildering array of sitcom characters.  We happened to be watching Modern Family immediately before this episode and she absolutely nailed it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Bit much for me now. 

This show is going to introduce the biggest change to the MCU in years

It's going to be a must watch if you're intending to watch the future films

• Like 1

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Keeping up with a film every few months is fine, but then having to watch shows to have the movies make sense? 

DE4C9862-8C87-48DF-80CC-6B4665340D8E.jpeg

yeh the TV show is actually enjoyable along the way, not sure why it's an issue ha. You probably gonna watch TV anyway.

30 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

yeh the TV show is actually enjoyable along the way, not sure why it's an issue ha. You probably gonna watch TV anyway.

I don't actually watch a lot of TV anymore. There are a few shows I binge; The Expanse, Vikings, Last Kingdom for example.  Between work, and my outside projects, I just don't have time.  So, I spend a lot of time with headphones in listening to audiobooks whilst doing other stuff.  I'll watch an episode whilst having dinner, and maybe some news on my lunch but that's pretty much it.

They're 30 minute episodes, quick enough to watch with the mrs whilst eating dinner.

We only watch short stuff with dinner anyway so it's easy to commit to one episode of this a week instead of rewatching the likes of parks & rec, the office or Toast Of London