F1 2021 - Other Sports - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

If you want I can merge the 2020 and 2021 threads and name it the F1 2021thread so the 2020 thread doesn't disappear down the pages. Hope that makes sense.

10 minutes ago, darra said:

If you want I can merge the 2020 and 2021 threads and name it the F1 2021thread so the 2020 thread doesn't disappear down the pages. Hope that makes sense.

I’m easy mate - I seem to think we have a separate thread every year but see what others think. 

3 hours ago, southportdc said:

Aston Martin F1 team

Ricciardo at McLaren

Lewis going for 8

Not sure who to support any more

Not really Aston Martin anymore though it's if? 

43 minutes ago, darklord said:

Not really Aston Martin anymore though it's if? 

Well the guy who owns AM owns them so I'd say yes, it is.  Their no less Aston than Merc are Merc. In fact they are probably more so as 30% of Merc is Toto and 30% is Ineos!

Just not bothered...

I think the point is AM aren't really AM any more either. 

But then Mclaren are a Bahrain plaything so I'm not exactly starting from untouched ground. 

2 hours ago, southportdc said:

I think the point is AM aren't really AM any more either. 

But then Mclaren are a Bahrain plaything so I'm not exactly starting from untouched ground. 

Ferrari is Fiat, nobody is anybody any more!

Just not bothered...

I just want Sir GOAT to get number 8 to completely cement his place as Britain's greatest ever sportsman and the greatest F1 driver in history

Not that either should be in doubt regardless...

• Like 2

Doesn't look like Australia will happen in March.  Never looked likely to my mind when announced and was surprised it wasn't put at the end of the year.  

Just not bothered...

9 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Doesn't look like Australia will happen in March.  Never looked likely to my mind when announced and was surprised it wasn't put at the end of the year.  

Haven’t they got a free weekend somewhere later in the schedule? Thought they’d left a gap. 

6 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Haven’t they got a free weekend somewhere later in the schedule? Thought they’d left a gap. 

Perhaps but Melbourne isn't exactly an easy place to get to.  And most of the season takes place during an Ozzy winter!  Realistically you're looking at March-May and Oct-Dec for optimum conditions.

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

41 minutes ago, gazzatheowl said:

Read somewhere the other day that the boss at Suzuki MotoGP team was going to Alpine

Davide Brivio?  Saw he was leaving Suzuki.

Just not bothered...