The Sadness of Ozzie Owl - Page 2 - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

The Sadness of Ozzie Owl

On 12/12/2017 at 17:46, ronior said:

If ever there was a metaphor for Sheffield Wednesday's decline in the last quarter of a century, it's the physical deterioration of poor Ozzie Owl in that time.

Look at the big fella in 1994, delighted to welcome visitors to his home, absolutely dominating the scene with a beaming smile of Premier League pride and a belly bursting from the joys and excesses of life in English football's fast lane.

And look at him in 2017, now a sadly scrawny and apologetic figure who seems almost ashamed to even have his photo taken. The beak is downturned, the formerly spiky hair lies flat, the eyebrows suggest a frown, and the eyes themselves offer a window into a depressed soul borne of a hat-trick of relegations and countless hopes cruelly raised then dashed.

Robbed of his beloved blue-and-white stripes, the ultimate humiliation comes as he is forced to wear an Ipswich Town shirt bearing the name of a self-serving and egotistical dictator who often charges Ozzie's friends £43 to come and see him and is then almost unbelievably wasteful with the profits accrued.

'Distressed fabric' is a thing, right? But I didn't realise that that term refers to said fabric's emotional state. One may have assumed it impossible for footballing despair to take its toll on a piece of cuddly felt, but the Wednesday curse works in magically withering ways.

#prayforozzie

IMG_1409.JPG

BPF doesn't look any older...

17 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

BPF doesn't look any older...

Blimey, that's a resurrection and a half.  Are you bored?!

On 12/12/2017 at 23:29, Suzuki_San said:

I always thought that the sad eyes, big beak and little triangle ladybit of hair reminded me of Pleat.

ozple.jpg.4269d003e898a85a32d1500a2056a7ca.jpg

I was funnier 4 years ago.  I fell off.  😐

• Haha 1

On 13/12/2017 at 06:57, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Wait for the doomers to find some link to CC for the downfall of OZZIE.tut...

Free Ozzie Owl ...be seeing you...:ph34r:

The downfall began against the piggy truffle hunters at ours, when CC still had Ozzie on the pitch even though he was clearly injured, after berty blunt elbowed him in the beak.

• Haha 1