Boxing - Page 157 - Other Sports - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Boxing

Guest Big Guns

Seems Lewis Ritson found his level, although some absolutely crazy refereeing once again after his corner threw the towel in, only for the ref to throw it back out and let the fight continue, before stopping it after a couple of more knockdowns. 

Could have been so much worse and the ref should surely never be allowed to ref again.,

20 hours ago, 0742 said:

Seems Lewis Ritson found his level, although some absolutely crazy refereeing once again after his corner threw the towel in, only for the ref to throw it back out and let the fight continue, before stopping it after a couple of more knockdowns. 

Could have been so much worse and the ref should surely never be allowed to ref again.,

I remember when Graham Earl's corner threw the towel in vs Katsidis and Mickey Vann (I think?) threw it back out and seconds later Earl dropped Katsidis. That was one of the crazier minutes I've seen in a boxing ring. 

In my combat sport memory, I can only remember one occasion where one fighter refused to do interviews or talk with their opponent prior to their fight.

It was Ronda Rousey before she fought Amanda Nunes for the UFC Title.

Rousey refused to do any media work or interviews and easily got TKO'd in the first round.

Like Fury alluded too, the battle has already been won. The mental fragility of Wilder is available for everyone to see.

Interesting fight though, heavyweights anything is possible.

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

In my combat sport memory, I can only remember one occasion where one fighter refused to do interviews or talk with their opponent prior to their fight.

It was Ronda Rousey before she fought Amanda Nunes for the UFC Title.

Rousey refused to do any media work or interviews and easily got TKO'd in the first round.

Like Fury alluded too, the battle has already been won. The mental fragility of Wilder is available for everyone to see.

Interesting fight though, heavyweights anything is possible.

Fury didn't know how to react to be fair-could spook him as he's not used to that

On 23/06/2021 at 18:15, trev said:

Wilder knocks him out.

Usyk beats AJ too.

Shame as I wanted to see the unification fight with 2 brits. 

Can’t see Usyk beating AJ myself. Thought he struggled at times with Chisora