Playstation Plus - Gaming - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Playstation Plus

Skyline

I asked a few of you about PS Plus a few week back, and decided to give it a go.

Just been on there for the first time since I got back off holiday, and I', well chuffed.

Little Big Planet 2 and inFamous2 both for free. These are two games I had recently been looking at purchasing, so PS Plus has already got it's value for me!

Anything else I can do with it?

Yep, in addition to all the included free games/themes/avatars etc you can go into your settings and set your PS3 to automatically turn itself on to download any firmware updates when they go live (theoretically while you're at work so no waiting around when you actually want to game).

You can backup your saves to the PS servers, when you start a game up for the first time it will ask you if you want the system to save to the cloud automatically, handy if your PS3 ever breaks...you won't lose any game save progress.

It has some lesser features too such as automatically syncing your trophy data behind the scenes as you play rather than having to do it manually, though to be honest I'm not really sure why that isn't a standard feature anyway, but whatever, not really important anyway.

One tip I will give, whenever new freebies appear in the PS+ section each month make sure you click download, even if you don't want them at the time. This will add them to your download list and they will stay there forever for you to download whenever you want (as long as you're subscribed to the service).

I've built up a pretty huge backlog of games doing this over the last 6 months, some of which I will never play but if I ever want to they're there.

The free stuff updates on the first Wednesday of every month, so there will be a fresh batch in 5 days. Sometimes you get early access into betas and some game demos too.

Playstation will be having a summer sale soon, with 30% off for regular users and 50% off for plus members, not sure what games will be coming yet though.

To be honest, for the money it's a great service for anyone who likes to play a lot of different games and doesn't mind that they came out last year, though there are sometimes new releases thrown in too.

Make sure you get Motorstorm Apocalypse by the way, amazing game!

Edited by Wath-owl

How much is Playstation Plus ?

http://bit.ly/N8aKpT

How much does PlayStation Plus membership cost?

PlayStation Plus costs £39.99 for a one-year membership and £11.99 for a 90-day membership

Edited by oasismark

I've got PS+, got so many games that I need to play. Not enough time! Having a knee op soon, so hopefully the only plus from it will be the amount of PS I will get to play!! Currently playing Infamous 2!

Saints Row 2 feels very dated these days. 3 is a riot but 2 is a little too clunky for me.

Then again it's free so who gives a sh*t, hah. I think my point is whatever you think of Saints Row 2, I'd still recommend you give Saints Row 3 a bash anyway.

Saints Row 2 feels very dated these days. 3 is a riot but 2 is a little too clunky for me.

Then again it's free so who gives a sh*t, hah. I think my point is whatever you think of Saints Row 2, I'd still recommend you give Saints Row 3 a bash anyway.

As you say, it's free.

Enjoyed what I've played so far, and Saints Row is on my to buy list anyway.